Monday, March 27, 2017

Candy Store

unique vintage candy shop skirt

I've now styled several of Unique Vintage's novelty skirts (you can find some here: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5), but out of all of the other ones I own, this print might be my favorite: it's a pastel, retro-kitsch fantasy filled with sweets! That combination cannot possibly be wrong.  :)  I'm trying to start eating better again, so I'll have to be content with wearing candy instead of eating it. 

candy shop novelty print skirt
unique vintage novelty skirt
femme de bloom brooch disney

I wish I could've found a location to compliment this skirt a bit better. Instead, here I am in the snow... again. Most of it's melted by now (and I have my fingers and toes crossed that this is the last we'll have for the year), but everything's looking pretty drab. Nothing's in bloom yet, and with every day that passes, I feel a little more impatient for spring to arrive.

novelty retro skirt
candy skirt
candy shop skirt
Outfit Details
Candy Shop Swing Skirt: c/o Unique Vintage
Leotard: similar  ||  Bolero: similar
Lollipop Mickey brooch: c/o Femme De Bloom
Belt: similar  ||  Shoes: B.A.I.T. Footwear

mickey disney brooch

I was lazy as could be this weekend (other than watching the RuPaul's Drag Race season premiere with my best friend), but I forgot to mention that I saw Beauty and the Beast with my boyfriend, his sister, and his niece the weekend before! I enjoyed it a lot, though I did have some issues with it, musically and otherwise. I've been trying to motivate myself to get out of the house in the evening and on the weekends because most of the time, all I feel like doing is being a couch potato. But I think as the weather starts to warm up, I'll have much more motivation to get moving. Until then, I'd love to hear from you: how do you motivate yourself to stay active? 

Have a great start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh I am with you on the weather front - I don't want to photograph some pretty spring prints with all the snow and dead trees in the background. I WANT SPRING AND FLOWERS!!!! NOOOWWW!

    As for staying active, I am the same as you. After work, I just want to be in my pajamas and read until I need to cook dinner. I managed to find a form of exercise I like - Jazzercise! Not even kidding. I go twice a week and I love it! I am not a coordinated dancer but it's fun and it gives me a workout to boot. I have to like what I am doing bc I DESPISE the gym and working out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This print is so perfect for you Sammi! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...