Friday, May 29, 2020

QUARANTWINNING: Ashley and Sammi style Butterflies & Begonias

Wow, how has it been so long since I put together a blog post? In all honesty, the last few months have gone by really quickly – which seems odd since quarantine life isn't all that exciting. Still, I'm hanging onto the highlights for dear life... and new dresses are definitely among the highlights!

trashy diva hollywood dress

I sadly wasn't able to visit Ashley in California this spring due to the pandemic. But even if we're way more than 6 feet apart (try 2,500 miles!), we can still feel like we're together when we coordinate what we wear. When Trashy Diva's "Butterflies and Begonias" collection launched, Ashley and I both purchased the Hollywood Circle style dress and decided to wear it together – but apart.

trashy diva butterflies and begonias
trashy diva dress
red retro dress floral
southern california belle blog

I love this fuller skirt and the shoulder ruffle (which can be worn up or down!) is probably my favorite feature. This vibrant orangey-red is such a beautiful color for summer, as well. I do tend to be particular about floral prints, but I have to say that this one has grown on me quite a bit.

bettie bangs

A note about sizing: I wish I had ordered up in this style! Although the Hollywood does have elasticized side panels, the waist here is firm – and it runs a bit smaller than the size chart indicates. I do tend to like my clothes to be on the more fitted side, but I probably wouldn't wear this dress on a day that involved a lot of eating or lounging. But since I have lots of other clothes for those activities, that's fine by me.

trashy diva
Outfit Details:
Butterflies & Begonias Hollywood Circle Dress: Trashy Diva
White dahlia hair flower: similar  ||  Sandals: Naturalizer

vintage blogger

You can see more of how Ashley styled this dress and get her outfit details over on her blog today. And as luck would have it, it looks like Trashy Diva will be launching a brand new collection today at 12 noon (central time)... so be sure to check that out and see what they have in store for us.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...