Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Mint Scooters

voodoo vixen scooter dress

The summer season may sort of be winding down, but I'm definitely not ready to give up my pastel sundresses quite yet! This adorable dress from Voodoo Vixen ticks a lot of my boxes: it's mint green, it has pockets and cute buttons, and it has a fun novelty print. It's actually little scooters in pink, yellow, and mint. While it's a great dress for spring and summer, it's something I'll be able to wear with a cute cardigan throughout the early fall. The fabric has some stretch to it and it's (thankfully) got a back zip – two features I tend to like in my dresses. Overall, it's a comfy dress that fits in perfectly with my aesthetic. What could be better?

pastel voodoo vixen dress
scooter print dress
voodoo vixen

These pictures are pretty cheery. But the fact is that things have been kind of tough lately. If you follow me on Instagram, you might have noticed that I've been a bit quieter and more contemplative lately. I've been feeling depressed and unconfident and generally overwhelmed. While I'm prone to mood swings, this was kind of a jarring development and made me realize that I haven't been making myself a priority for a long time. I've become so accustomed to being agreeable or trying to please people that I've sort of forgotten to do what makes me happy. That said, I had a pretty great weekend and things are starting to look up. I'm going to try to put myself first, as weird as that feels. I can't keep running on empty and ignore my own needs for the sake of the comfort of other people.

pastel dress

Also, I just want to say thank you to everyone who reached out to me with kind thoughts and advice! It means more to me than you know. I feel much more positive and motivated than before, and I hope that trend will continue.

pastel retro dress
Outfit Details
Eva Retro Scooter Print Dress: c/o Voodoo Vixen
Shoes: similar  ||  Headband: similar  ||  Necklace: similar

Have a great rest of your week!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sammi, it's great that you can speak about how you're feeling so openly. :)

    ReplyDelete