Monday, February 8, 2016

Belle

unique vintage garden state dress

I have a soft spot in my heart for pale yellow dresses; there's just something about them that's very feminine, yet unexpected. I wore the mint version of the Unique Vintage Garden State dress in this blog post from last winter, but when they recently released it in some new shades, I knew I needed to have this yellow colorway. I also knew I wanted to pair it with this Beauty-and-the-Beast-inspired rose brooch from Deer Arrow – because honestly, as a lover of all things Disney, how could I not style this in a "tale as old as time" kind of way?

unique vintage
deer arrow
yellow vintage dress

I'm thinking about change this week. This is a pretty extensive topic to cover, but I'm trying to figure out the next steps I want to take for my life. I've been living in this little safety bubble for quite some time now, and though I've crossed some major things off my to-do list, I still have a lot more left to tackle. I've been in a "caught in limbo" state for the last few years – pursuing my passion on a small scale, but feeling sort of left behind in terms of hitting certain milestones. It's always taken me a little bit longer to forge my own path, and I'm okay with that, but I don't want to feel stuck anymore just because I don't know what I want. I don't feel a strong pull to up and move somewhere else at the moment, but I don't think I want to feel settled here yet, either. I get really overwhelmed when I think about all the things I need to do, so right now, I need to focus on just a couple of major pieces of the puzzle. Taking these steps is a scary thing, but I have to remember that being brave means doing things before you necessarily feel ready, and putting myself outside my comfort zone is the only way I'll grow and learn... and I definitely want to do that. Anyone else feel this way?

unique vintage garden state yellow
deer arrow spellbound
yellow dress
Outfit Details
Garden State Dress: c/o Unique Vintage
Spellbound Rose Brooch: c/o Deer Arrow
Shoes: B.A.I.T. Footwear

yellow unique vintage dress
Have a great start to your week!

PS: Don't forget, you have just a few days left to enter my 3-year blog anniversary giveaway! Get the details and enter here.

12 comments:

  1. Ugh it's so overwhelming when you try to even consider taking on something new - whether it's a job change, or passion change, or living change, etc! Take deep breaths and know it's not all going to happen at once and it's supposed to be exciting! No matter what change you're taking on, it will turn out the way it's supposed to! You just gotta dive in!

    Also, this dress is super cute in yellow. It totally looks like a retro darling Belle! You look so great in it, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im an actor/singer like you! It's a tough field, people are always judging you and it's super overwhelming... I've been doing theater on a small scale since I graduated and now I'm being kicked in the pants by friends and family to go out and PERSUE MY DREAMS! Let's do it! We can do it!! I'll be the ingenue to your "soubrette"! Haha! You're lovely and everything will work out (better said than done 😜)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always hard to be certain that you're 'ready' for change which is why it can take a while to actually do it. I don't think many of us are really ready until the change is already made and we have to adapt to it. I'm sure whatever changes you make will be the right ones and a great adventure! Also this dress is the perfect Belle dress! This style is stunning on you! Also yes we should totally meet up sometime, you are not so far away at all! In fact I was kind of curious about your Heathers performance... since you mentioned it I was like "I LOVE that movie, how amazing would it be to see LIVE!?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! And I would LOVE it if you came to see it!! The show is a little different than the film, but I think it's true enough to it that fans aren't alienated -- and the music is really fun! We'll talk more about meeting up soon :)

      Delete
  4. Change is always scary and overwhelming but it's how we grow in life, easier said than done though, I know that for sure.
    Also, these photos are insanely beautiful and that dress is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not good with change! I'm having to move at the moment and sufficed to say it is stressing me out! You look beautiful- this is the perfect Belle outfit!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is very typical to feel, especially in your mid to late twenties. Good luck figuring out the pieces and taking those plunges.

    Also- this dress is so perfect. You make a gorgeous Belle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Change is always a hard thing! It can be a scary thing but change can lead to wonderful things!
    I do love your beautiful yellow dress and I love the beauty and the beast theme! That pin sure makes the whole outfit perfect!

    Rebecca http://www.winnipegstyle.ca/Blog/default.cfm

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of change esp. if it's a good change...*wink* but usually when faced with it I get ultra nervous and rethink the whole thing! It's scary! I adore that color on you...ah, yellow...such a happy color and that brooch is adorable! I love all things Disney as well.

    Regina
    Margarita Bloom | Modern Vintage Beauty & Fashion
    BLOG: Cherry Lips Blonde Curls
    INSTAGRAM: @margaritabloom
    BLOGLOVIN Margarita Bloom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a perfect look, I love yellow on you - looking gorgeous as always! I totally agree with you though, it is scary making changes and finding your own way, I get a little stressed out but need to take more of a leap as time goes by (and time goes so fast these days, ahh)!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty as a princess! Definitely a Belle worthy look! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...