Monday, January 13, 2014

Mint marshmallows

Outfit Details:
Eva Franco Dinner Mint Dress: ModCloth (some available on eBay!)
Mint belt: ASOS (similar here)
White floral tights: Forever 21
White boots: eBay
Bracelet: old




I kind of hemmed and hawed (what a weird expression) about whether I wanted to post these photos.  On the one hand, I really like this dress a lot.  I got it on sale last year, after having eyed it for a long time, and really, it's the perfect shade of mint.  It's also definitely a fancier occasion dress, I think; you can even tell from the weight of the dress that it's high quality, and I think it's meant to be worn with heels.  It kind of loses something with these kooky boots.  I just kind of felt like these photos were missing something, and that I didn't really like any of them.  But then I revisited them, and I still wanted to post them... plus, I am out of photos and need to figure out when I'm going to take more!  So here they are.  I guess there's no way I could be absolutely in love with every post, ya know?





I'm still recovering from my surgery, and I just want to be better!  I'm also sick of talking about it, haha.  But mostly, I just want this pain to go away and I want to be able to eat normal things.  What I wouldn't give to eat some carrots and hummus.  It's funny that I so often crave junk food, and then when I can only eat things like pudding and ice cream, I have a desperate desire for healthy stuff.  I just hope that I'll be okay to eat most things on our trip, because the eating aspect is like, one of my favorite parts about Disney (or vacations in general, I guess).  And we're going to some great places, so I'll be damned if I can't enjoy them!  Gah, I have so much to do before we leave!




I had an audition last night and have a subsequent callback tonight. I'm not gonna say any more than that for now, but keep your fingers crossed for me!  :)  Have a great Monday!

xox Sammi  

22 comments:

  1. Ohh my gosh you look adorable!
    I absolutely love that outfit. c: May I steal it? Hehe.

    <3
    Harlynn
    www.mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really like it with those boots? Is that weird. To me, you look like a Snow Queen with that pale mint and those boots and those lace stockings. Plus, since you know you like it with heels, it will be fun to see the dress again when you "remix" it with heels :D

    Isn't it funny what a big difference the right shoes can make to a look? Hope you are feeling better soon. This has been a horrid Wisdom Tooth experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice dress. x
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mawwwwww. You look adorable no matter what you think. I just found your blog and think its just swell. I love your style and honesty. Sometimes I'm not all that happy with the way my images have come out because of the way I feel or how they turned out but these are great boots and all. Maybe you can re visit this dress in the Spring with some heels. Ha! Following along with you doll.
    xoxo
    Taylor
    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this dress on you, the colors looks beautiful with your hair and skin tone. Good luck with the callback, crossing my fingers for ya!
    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress looks so adorable on you! The color is perfect with your skintone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!! I love that dress, the color is just perfect!!

    xo.
    Holly

    happinessbrand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress! Reminds me of hmm.. Zooey Deschannel in 500 Days of Summer, the dress she wears to a wedding. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look like a minty fresh snow princess! I love the dress, especially when you can see the beautiful detailing up close! :)
    xo Hannah
    http://thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love this... the mint and boots! Yesss

    You always want what you can't have! Hopefully the pain goes away soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this dress is so lovely! i really love your style & blog. new follower here!
    Rebecca @ tr[i]b[e]cca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Sammi, I have such a weakness for mint and this dress is a dream! I love the white boots you paired with it- such a winter-wonderland look. I think I had a pair of white boots in high school...I wonder what happened to them...?
    I hope you feel 100% better soon and break a leg at your callback-how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear you had to have surgery, I hope you're recovering well and I hope you'll get to eat the things you want to soon :) especially since you're going on holiday! I love these photos, I wish we had snow at this time of year but it always seems to come later on in England. Your dress is beautiful and you are so, so pretty! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look like a snow princess with that outfit on and those cute boots! I love it. Just followed your darling blog. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.



    - Gina
    Margarita Bloom: Retro Beauty & Skincare
    http://margaritabloom-glamourville.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this is one of my favourite outfits of yours. I'm totally in love with everything mint and totally in love with that dress!
    I think it is normal to not like every photo or post but there is nothing to dislike about these :) Even with the snow boots included!

    I hope your feeling well enough for your holiday! I've never had a wisdom tooth out so I don't know about it, but it sounds rubbish!

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look gorgeous in mint! And those tights are seriously awesome! Good luck on the call backs!!
    Oh and thanks for your sweet comment the other day, you are too sweet! Means a lot coming from a beauty like you!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awuh awuh awuh, I hope that you're still recovering well, my sweet, darling Sammi!

    You always look so magical in pastels. How often do I tell you that? Not enough, I think. :D Mint is so dreamy on you, and how precious are those fuzzy boots?! You're a little eskimo princess, yes you are.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is amazing! Such a lovely winter outfit. New follower, here!

    xo
    Amy
    http://artoftheheartblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty pretty mint dress! Good luck on your auditions! ♡

    Kathy
    www.mypeachdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. hope you're all healed up soon and can start eating whatever you like again! i'm a bit the same, i'm always craving junk food but when i eat too much of it for a few meals in a row i'll really want some proper healthy food instead.

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...