Saturday, October 26, 2013

Betelgeuse

Outfit Details:
Striped pinafore: Forever 21
Lavender blouse: Forever 21 (similar here)
White knee socks: ModCloth (similar here)
The Best of Times Heel in Black: ModCloth
Lilac ring: LeffKatya
Lavender belt: ASOS (no longer available)
Lavender suitcase: Urban Outfitters (no longer available)




I had originally planned to post a different outfit today, but then I realized that Halloween is coming up so quickly, and I wanted to make sure that I posted these pictures before then.  This outfit is spooky-romantic, and I put these two pieces together on a whim and found they actually worked pretty well together.  I like the softness of the blouse as a contrast to the hardness of the pinafore.  And of course, vertical stripes always remind me of Beetlejuice.  I just wish the straps on this pinafore weren't so long!  They kept falling down, and they're adjusted as far as they can go!  I'll either have to add another button or just shorten the straps for the future.



If you look closely, you can see some teeth marks from a very naughty cat!





I looove the back of this blouse!



Tonight is my little birthday celebration with some friends!  I am finally wearing a dress that's been sitting in my closet for the perfect occasion.  My mom is making a delicious dinner beforehand, too (steak with bĂ©arnaise sauce, scalloped potatoes and blue cheese wedge salad... and I assume some kind of dessert that involves cake).  It'd be so easy (and depressing) to sit around and lament about how I had planned on celebrating my birthday differently, but like I mentioned before, I'm choosing to be happy and take pleasure in the lovely people I have around me, and feel lucky to have people in my life who do care about me.  This is all assuming, of course, that anyone shows up tonight.  :)

Have a wonderful Saturday!
xox Sammi

8 comments:

  1. This dress is so wonderful!!! I love the stripes and the fact that you paired it with such a soft feminine shade. They work so well together :)
    Happy birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day, sounds like you're going to have some amazing food ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome! Happy birthday! I hope you have a great time out with your friends! I love those shoes.

    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this combination of graphic and romantic! The lilac shade is gorgeous, and I love the tie front and lace back. Happy birthday! Enjoy your celebration <3

    Jenny Lee
    http://thedictioncanary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well happy birthday :) And funny, I just watched beetlejuice! Gosh, the teeth marks on the belt...so something my cat would do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the lavender and stripes! The outfit looks good on you. Have a happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I saw someone wearing this in the street I would go up to them and hug them. Ahh this is so perfect. Lilac + stripes is one of my favourite combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look absolutely beautiful. I am always in awe of your cute little outfits! And I hope your birthday was incredible!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the back of the blouse! I have the same pinafore from Forever but in polka dot, in a size small which is already too big for me...and the straps are ridiculously long! I gotta pin it up all over the place :/ I usually pin down the whole front panel under the skirt which makes the straps the perfect length to use the buttons and also makes the pinafore look less like an apron lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...