Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Brolly

mary blair umbrella print skirt

I generally don't like to own more than one version of the same print, but there have been a few exceptions – including this one. I currently own both the dress and skirt incarnations of this Mary Blair parasol print. Although I love the style of the dress (which you can see in this post from last year), it's quite small on me and fits strangely. Sadly, this skirt also has a sizing issue; my normal PUG size wouldn't have fit, but the next size up is definitely baggier than it should be. Ultimately, I think the eventual solution will involve getting the waist on this skirt tailored and letting the dress version go. But am I the only one who has a hard time parting with clothes, even when they don't fit correctly? I'm trying to hoard less and limit my emotional attachment to my clothes, but it's proving to be a challenge.

pinup girl clothing mary blair umbrella
pinup girl clothing striped jailbird top
pinup girl clothing mary blair

I've sort of stretched out my birthday celebrations for an entire week. I went to tea with my mom this past Saturday and gorged myself on scones, tea sandwiches, and miscellaneous goodies. I'm having a nice meal at my parents' house tomorrow night. But as far as my actual birthday weekend is concerned, I'm not sure what I'll be doing. The boy (ooh) offered to plan something for me, so I guess I'll have to wait and see what that involves. I hope to do some Halloween-y things on Saturday or Sunday though, like getting apple cider, going on a haunted hayride (eek!), or some other slightly spooky activity. At this point, I guess I care a lot less about doing something *big* for my birthday. Ultimately, I'd rather just eat yummy food and spend time with people I love.

mary blair umbrella skirt pinup
Outfit Details
Jenny Skirt in Mary Blair Umbrella Print: Pinup Girl Clothing
Striped Jailbird Top: Pinup Girl Clothing
Flats: Amazon
Belt: similar

pinup girl clothing

Don't forget to enter my annual big birthday giveaway! You can enter to win an incredible prize package courtesy of Unique Vintage, Heart of Haute, Sourpuss Clothing, Voodoo Vixen, and Dreaming of Johnny. Get all the details and enter here before Halloween!

The Soubrette Brunette: Brolly

5 comments:

  1. I love Mary Blair!! That skirt is so darn cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit, this skirt looks great with stripes x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own the dress version in this print, but I love the skirt version as well! Gorgeous photos! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stretched out birthday sounds ideal!!! Hurrah for that. Oooh, more about the boy!!!
    You look pretty and I totally know that emotional attachment. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty on you. That's great that you were able to get this skirt since you feel the dress fits you oddly. Ooh a haunted hay ride! How I want to go! Hope you get up to some great fun things! Happy birthday Sammi!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...