Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Happy Haunts

halloween outfits

This post – or the idea of it, anyway – has been in the works for quite a while. My dear friends Rusty and Henry have appeared on my blog before (find other posts here and here), but we've wanted to do a post with all three of us for at least a year. Since Henry is moving to New York City in a couple of weeks, and Rusty is busy doing youth theatre tours out of Auburn, NY for the next 8+ months, I'm so glad the stars finally aligned in time for us to do this spooky Halloween post!

spooky outfit
pinup girl clothing jenny skirt spiderweb
vintage men
graveyard blog

As a group, we tend to play a lot of quirky characters and villains, so a ghostly post seemed pretty perfect for us. We headed to Mount Hope Cemetery (where Susan B. Anthony and Frederick Douglass, among many others, are buried) to snap a few photos. In all honesty, I generally dislike when people pose on or near gravestones, but Mt. Hope has some really beautiful spots and I would like to think we were as respectful as possible (except when we accidentally stayed in an hour past closing time and actually got locked in... whoops!). 

pinup girl clothing spiderweb
vintage guy
jack skellington brooch femme de bloom
dapper guy
halloween outfit vintage

Apparently, this has been unofficially proclaimed Skirt Week, since I'm totally embracing these new Pinup Girl Clothing skirts for fall. This spiderweb print Jenny is obviously longer than the Darling Dames fetish print skirt I wore in my last post, but I absolutely love it with the addition of a petticoat. I don't know why I waited so long to get this Tatyana coffin purse, either – I'm obsessed with it (and my parents brought me back the pink version from their recent trip to Vegas!). It may not be the most versatile of looks for year-round wear, but I love this as an alternative to dressing up in a specific costume for Halloween!

pinup girl jenny skirt
coffin purse tatyana
spiderweb skirt
Outfit Details
Jenny Skirt in Spiderweb Print: Pinup Girl Clothing
Vintage fur bolero: hand-me-down (from Mom)
Jack Skellington brooch: Femme de Bloom
Coffin purse: Tatyana via eBay
Shoes: Chase & Chloe via Amazon
Seamed stockings: Urban Outfitters
Vintage hat: Etsy

mount hope cemetery

What's your Halloween style? Spooky? Sweet? Funny? Let me know in the comments!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

10 comments:

  1. cool!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God, this is my favorite post EVER from you! First of all, Rusty has to stop being so stinkin' good at this! He looks great!!! Second, your little fur trimmed coat with this outfit? PERFECTION. Thirdly, I can't get over Henry's little rat friend on his shoulder! And last and most importantly - how did you three escape after getting locked in? OR HAVE YOU NOT ESCAPED?? haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! the outfits, the pics, just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wow!!! What beautiful pictures, you all look amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I AM F*CKING CRYING OVER HERE AT ALL THE AMAZING! I'm so jealous of your dapper gentlemen friends and I'm so happy you've started buying skirts because they look amazing on you. <333 #tots4tea #trickortots
    xoxo
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, I adore Henry, so sad he's moving! Hope you get to meet for photos again! Though I don't like Halloween at all, I think your costumes are very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word, you each look so completely amazing! Wow, wow, and spooky wow!!!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun post! I love all your outfits (the guys included) and all of these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are so fun and festive! I love that your friends dressed up with you too. And your spiderweb print skirt and fur bolero are the best things ever.

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...