Monday, August 24, 2015

There's no place like home

unique vintage skirt

Hello from the West Coast! I'm having so much fun with Ashley on this trip. On Friday, we did some shopping (which resulted in a new dress and adorable vintage hat box/purse for me) and I had dinner with a friend from home. We spent a whopping 12 hours in Disneyland on Saturday (and had lunch with Elana!), and yesterday we went to the Gentle Barn to meet some rescued farm animals with Erica! It's been wonderful to finally meet these wonderful girls; I feel as if I've known them for a long time, despite never having seen them in person before this past week. Although I've been known to gripe about technology and the internet in general, I'm grateful and amazed to have been able to connect with such great people from across the country.

retro skirt
oblong box shop skirt
midcentury house skirt

Although I've been enjoying my time here in California so very much, I always like coming back to Rochester again. Sometimes it takes a little time away to remember how nice it is to be home. This adorable midcentury house skirt from Unique Vintage reminds me of that too. (It also makes me want to have my own place to decorate!) I actually wore this skirt on the plane here, and it was the perfect choice because it's lightweight and doesn't wrinkle easily. Plus, I got a ton of compliments on it! Truthfully, I'm not a huge fan of separates in general, but I know I'm going to get a lot of use out of this skirt; it's comfortable, runs true to the size chart, and who can resist that print? It's found its way into my home – and my heart! Be sure to swing by Unique Vintage for lots more retro clothing.

retro skirt
pinup skirt
unique vintage
Outfit Details
Midcentury House Swing Skirt: c/o Unique Vintage
Lily Top in Black: c/o Heart of Haute
Keiko frames in Lily White: Bonlook
Pettiskirt: Amazon
Shoes: Amazon

keiko bonlook glasses

Today's my last day in California, and I think Ashley and I are headed to Santa Monica (our one touristy excursion). 
I hope you have a great start to your week!

10 comments:

  1. So glad you're having a rockin' time with Ashley. I must go check out Erica and Elana - it sounds so fun to get to meet all these wonderful ladies! This skirt looks so great on you - love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had an awesome trip! I love the skirt you're wearing here, and I can't wait to see what you bought on your shopping trip with Ashley!

    -xo-Becca
    http:/www.superstyleme.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely fabulous, once again! :) Glad you had a good time! :D I am very curious about what you bought <3
    x Angela // missangellane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, sounds like your trip was so cool (also, you got to meet Erica and Elana both! And Ashley, obviously!)

    I've really enjoyed seeing more of Rochester in your background choices lately too. And a fun skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful skirt-glad to hear you're having such an awesome holiday

    ReplyDelete
  6. That skirt is so fabulously fun!!! You look terrific, dear gal!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love that skirt, I just adore the print so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This skirt is so beautiful and I love these colors on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So jealous of your California adventure! I'm glad you're having fun. I definitely need to get there someday, and to Disneyland too! I agree that sometimes you need a break from home to realize how much you love it there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the print and colors on this skirt! So cute! Glad to hear you had a great time in California! So much fun that you were able to meet some of you closest and best blogging friends in person! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...