Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Tick tock

JORD watches

I'm not normally big on jewelry. I'll wear a delicate necklace or a cute ring on occasion, and of course, I have my ever-growing novelty brooch collection... but other than that, I don't like the guild the lily, so I usually let my dresses do the talking. But when the kind folks over at JORD contacted me to review one of their beautiful wood watches, I decided to take a trip outside my accessory comfort zone! JORD (the Swedish word for "earth") specializes in contemporary, sustainable watches for modern living, and they carry a variety of stunning designs. After some hemming and hawing, I ended up choosing the Fieldcrest watch in Maple; I felt it was simple, versatile and not too oversized for my small wrists. The craftsmanship of their watches is evident from the product photos on their website, but even so, I was very impressed upon receiving my watch (which comes in a carved wooden box for safekeeping).

pinup girl clothing mary blair
#jordwatch
mary blair commuter print

One of the best features about the JORD website is that you can actually have your watch custom-sized before it's even sent out to you! Having a watch resized is a bit of a pain, so JORD provides instructions and a printable ruler to help you to determine your correct size. I provided them with my measurement, and the watch ended up fitting perfectly when it arrived (it also came with extra links, just in case!). I love that all of their watches are made from natural and sustainably sourced woods, and they also use stainless steel clasps (which is helpful for anyone with metal sensitivity). I was afraid my watch would feel bulky, but I actually found it to be surprisingly lightweight and comfortable to wear. Plus, I knew it'd be a great match for my new dress from Pinup Girl Clothing!

magic of mary blair
jord wood watches
pinup girl clothing jenny dress

I fell for this piece from The Magic of Mary Blair collection as soon as it arrived in their "coming soon" section, but I was unsure as to whether or not the olive green would work on me. After seeing how great both the dress and skirt versions looked on social media, I decided to go for it – and I'm so glad I did! This is my third Jenny dress, and the fit seems to have changed slightly for this piece; there's some extra baggy fabric around my ribcage that isn't present in my other Jenny dresses, but I remedied it by swapping the belt for a thicker option. The print of the commuters on the skirt is obviously the most important aspect of this dress anyway! Since they're all hurrying to get to work on time, I thought the addition of my watch would be especially fitting. :)

pinup girl
Outfit Details
Jenny Dress in Mary Blair Commuters Print: Pinup Girl Clothing
Fieldcrest Watch in Maple: c/o JORD
Black flats: similar
Pettislip: similar

commuters print mary blair

Do you have any pieces from the Mary Blair collection?? If not, what's on your wish list? I'm adding at least 2 more pieces from the line to my closet (oops)!  

Have a great day!
xox Sammi

PS: the winner of my Beauxoxo giveaway has been announced! Congratulations to Jennifer W.! Georgie will be contacting you shortly with your prize. Thanks so much to all who entered!

4 comments:

  1. You look just darling in this print! Green is a good color on you, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very charming outfit! I absolutely love that Mary Blair skirt (*swoon!*).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the dress version of it, as you're modelling here so beautifully.

      ♥ Jessica

      Delete
  3. I love your dress! The Commuter dress was the one dress in the Mary Blair collection that has me swooning! So pretty on you. And very clever to chose this dress to wear when featuring the watch ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...