Saturday, April 26, 2014

My Favorite Outfit: Sara of Swing the Day Away

Note from Sammi: Hello, lovely readers!  I am currently out of town with *very* limited internet access, so I've decided to start a little mini-series on the blog while I'm gone.  I've asked some of my favorite blogger ladies to contribute a guest post about their absolute favorite outfits from their own blogs!  It's kind of a Sophie's Choice situation (at least, I know it would be for me!), since these are some of the most stylish girls I know, but I'm so excited to see what they've chosen!  Today's guest blogger is the lovely Sara from Swing the Day Away, who always manages to look both impossibly adorable and totally polished.  I love this sweet girl's style, and I know you will, too!

Hello, Soubrette Brunette readers! I'm Sara and I blog over at Swing The Day Away. While Sammi is away, she asked me to fill in for her and write about my favorite outfit. Well, I have a lot of outfits from the 4 years I've been blogging and I'm terrible at making decisions and narrowing things down, so I'm here with 9 of my favorite outfits within 3 of my favorite fashion themes. That's right, I'm doubling up on the favorites, people. I'm breaking the rules!

The first of my favorite fashion themes is nautical. I live on the shoreline of New England, so I have grown up always being about 5-10 minutes away from the ocean. I love it that way, and I can't imagine ever living somewhere landlocked. I love everything about all the little seaside towns along the coast - the smell of the air, the little food shacks, the boardwalks, the knick knack stores...just the overall nautical flair. It's really grown to be a part of me, and I love incorporating it into my wardrobe.

nauticalpicks
Ahoy//Nautical By Nature//Into The Ocean, Into The Sun
 Next up is fall fashion. Like Sammi, I am an October baby, and I am very proud to be! Autumn is my favorite season and October is my favorite month. I promise that it's not just because it's my birthday month, though that has a small portion to do with it. I really can't describe my love for autumn. I think I'd marry it if that were a thing and didn't make me a crazy person. I love the colors and smell of the leaves, the crisp air, Halloween, apple and pumpkin picking, and apple and pumpkin baked goods. It's the best time to go to the orchards, which is my favorite place to go! Plus, it is seasonally acceptable to watch Hocus Pocus. Enough said. I will not watch that movie unless it's October, no matter how much I love it.

autumnpicks
"Delicious Autumn! My Very Soul Is Wedded To It"//Green Mountain Forest, VT//It's Just A Bunch of Hocus Pocus
The last one I'm not sure would be called a theme, per se. It's basically just that I like to try to mix colors that aren't normally mixed. I know there's this whole thing about "clashing" colors and a whole method of how to use colors in the color wheel with primaries, secondaries, etc., but I don't follow it. I don't really believe in clashing, unless you literally threw on about 6 different patterns at once or something. I think that any colors can be worn together if you do it right. So I say down with the idea of clashing! Mix away, my friends.

colorcombopicks
Up In The Air//Grad Student//Hi Ho! Cherry-O
I want to thank Sammi for letting me jabber on here and share some of my favorite outfits with you all! Hopefully, I'll see you all around and get to see some of your favorite outfits too! :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! just a few minutes from the beach? i can't imagine! that must be so wonderful!
    wonderful post, i especially love the first set of photos. i need more like that for this summer
    ~Abigail
    http://sweetergetsthejourneyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara's nautical outfits always have me swooning, but I love the three different themes here..so many beautiful looks <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I like her nautical outfits the best, but I'l really suspect to being affected by the seasons.

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her outfits! The balloons are always a nice touch :)

    love, polly
    pollybland.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...