Saturday, December 28, 2013

I'll be home for Christmas

Outfit Details:
You've Got Skillshare Dress in Homes: ModCloth
Black button down shirt: Express (old)
Black sheer tights: Urban Outfitters
Lady in Rad Boots in Ink: ModCloth
Rocking horse ring: Hello Holiday
For the Winnipeg Coat: ModCloth
Belt: from another dress







This is the outfit I ended up wearing for Christmas Day!  Our Christmas Eve is usually a bit fancier than what we do on Christmas Day (see what I wore on Christmas Eve here, if you missed it), so I opted to wear this adorable house print dress as a jumper.  I'd been eyeing different incarnations of this dress for a while (it's by Nooworks, if you're interested), and although I really love this pink version, since this red one went on sale and it was so holiday-ish, I decided to go for this one.  It's really high quality, and the print is so charming!  It's just the sort of comforting thing I wanted to wear for the holidays.  I was also stoked that I re-discovered this black button down from years ago, and I was even more stoked that it fits beautifully (better than it did originally, which is really strange!).  







And of course, this coat was necessary for any and all holiday plans!  This was one of my birthday gifts from my mom, and I am sooo in love with it.  It's by Hell Bunny, which is one of my favorite vintage repro brands.  The shape doesn't necessarily make it the most flattering coat I own, but I am fully willing to overlook that because of all its darling details!  The pockets, the pom poms, the corseted back!  I can't get over it.  It practically screams Christmas (in the least-scary way)!  :)










On Christmas Day, we saw Saving Mr. Banks (which was BEAUTIFUL -- even more so than I'd expected it to be -- and I cried my eyes out!) and had a great meal at a newer Asian fusion restaurant near us.  We'd been planning on doing the cliché Chinese food thing, but they had so many great Thai and Indian dishes on the menu that we opted for those instead.  I had the best green papaya salad ever and some really great pad thai, so I was a happy girl.  Other than that, this week has been pretty low key, which has been nice.  There are a lot of things I need to get done, but I keep opting for lazing around whilst eating Christmas cookies.  Oops.  Hopefully I'll make some headway on my to-do list sometime this weekend.  I should probably try harder to accomplish some things, with the new year steadily approaching and all.  I should get a head start on resolutions.  :)








Have a wonderful Saturday! 
xox Sammi

12 comments:

  1. Love the red and black color scheme here- very dramatic!

    I saw Saving Mr. Banks with my sister the other day too, and she also cried. It was very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you look great in red! The coat is simply perfect. I'm glad to hear that "Saving Mr. Banks" was even better than you thought it would be. I want to see it, too!

    ~Bristol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is adorable- love the colors and the styling! Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red is such a gorgeous colour on you, so I'm loving this double dose!! That coat is pretty amazing, love the fur trim at the bottom, and the print on that dress is fantastic :)
    Sounds like you had an awesome Christmas day!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't put into words how much I love that print. Ruche had a green dress with a similar shape and print that I loved, but couldn't justify. Glad your Christmas was merry! ;)

    xox

    Kalie H.
    Kalieandgimli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love wearing dresses as jumpers! It's a great way to remix things. That's always why I'm always looking for blouses when I go thrifting because you can get a bunch for cheap and wear them under dresses in the colder seasons.

    I've been wanting to see Saving Mr. Banks since I'm a huge Disney fan! My friend and I are planning to see it next week when we get together to exchange are Christmas presents. I can't wait! I've been hearing good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. could this outfit be any cuter!! so so so merry! and that coat!! is perfect.
    I really need to see Saving Mr Banks, but just know I'll end up crying like a baby. Story of my life.

    That house print is so festive! Intrigued to see the pink version but red is definitely your signature colour without a doubt!!

    happy Christmas sweetie!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You rarely go wrong with red, black, and a background of snow. Beautiful dress! I love the print. Adorable. :D

    I'm glad your Christmas was swell. I haven't seen SMB yet but my newsfeed has been blown up about it so I might give it a try.

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that coat, the bows on the pockets and the velvet trimming and the cut of it are all so cute! i hope you've had an amazing christmas and a wonderful new years too. :)

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really so nice. Perfect job.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Red is such a great color for you! Meow!!!!! Thank you again for the beautiful ornament! I am anxious to get to the craft store this week! Talk to you soon! XO

    love, polly :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...