Thursday, May 3, 2018

Garden Variety

dolly and dotty elizabeth floral dress

After one of the longest winters in recent memory, spring has finally arrived here in Rochester! I was starting to go a bit stir crazy, so I'm relieved the weather has finally warmed up and things are starting to bloom. But when the temperatures were still frigid, I paid a long-overdue visit to the Buffalo and Erie Botanical Gardens on a gross and rainy day. What a beautiful escape it was! I can't believe I had never been to these gardens before. They had a bunch of different rooms, each more lush than the next. I couldn't even pick a favorite!

floral pinup dress
day lillies rochester ny buffalo
buffalo botanical gardens

This place served as the perfect backdrop for this Dolly and Dotty floral dress. This Elizabeth style fits really nicely and due to the fabric's stretch, it was surprisingly comfortable. And the print is so pretty close up. It's currently on sale (and almost sold out!) for a steal. They also carry a beautiful long-sleeved dress in this same print. I've had such good luck with their dresses -- they're a lot better for everyday wear than some of my other pieces but are easy to dress up when needed.

dolly and dotty dress
buffalo and erie botanical garden
floral pinup dress

I'm really relieved the weather is finally nice again. But even so, I have to admit that I'm struggling a lot lately. I've been trying to make some adjustments in my personal life to prioritize self-care, but I'm still having a really hard time (and have been for a while). I'm impatient by nature, which makes it hard for me to accept that things aren't just going to magically improve overnight. And I have to remember that making significant changes is really hard and to not beat myself up over it. I guess I just keep hoping that the change in seasons will bring about a change in myself... and who knows, maybe it will.

retro floral dress
purple flowers
botanical gardens
Outfit Details
Elizabeth Floral Dress: c/o Dolly and Dotty
Hair flower: similar  ||  Flats: Amazon

hyacinth
Have a great rest of your week!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh I have a Dolly and Dotty dress and love it too! They're so pretty and comfortable! you look so pretty in this one. I hope your personal life gets easier as you make changes! I can 100% relate to that. I always want things to happen RIGHT NOW and when they don't it gets kind of hard to keep up the changes in the long run. But it's worth it when we do stick to our plans!
    xo
    Kristina
    eyreeffect.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. a BIG YAY for summer finally arriving! It was so dismal and cold for way too long...and now that it's warm, I feel totally reborn. I hear you about the impatience thing. It's hard to make changes and not want to see the effects right away. But I always try to remind myself that they may be percolating in the background without me even realizing it. I also think warm weather is amazing for my mindset - the minute the sun peaked through the clouds, I definitely felt my spirits lift!

    Gorgeous dress lovely!
    Cheers,
    -Kara
    www.thedressedaesthetic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A BIG YAY for summer finally arriving! It was so dismal and cold for way too long...and now that it's warm, I feel totally reborn. I hear you about the impatience thing. It's hard to make changes and not want to see the effects right away. But I always try to remind myself that they may be percolating in the background without me even realizing it. I also think warm weather is amazing for my mindset - the minute the sun peaked through the clouds, I definitely felt my spirits lift!

    Gorgeous dress lovely!
    Cheers,
    -Kara
    www.thedressedaesthetic.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...