Monday, December 7, 2015

Gift wrapped

doll me up boutique

This is the first of many Christmas-y outfits that will be making an appearance here on the blog. My holiday ensembles are usually only seen once a year, so I'm trying to get more use out of them by devoting the rest of the month to yuletide apparel. I'm really getting into separates lately, and when I saw this lovely skirt from Doll Me Up, I knew I wanted to feature it. I have about 15 of these cropped cardigans (they're my absolute favorite and I wear them with everything), but this kelly green color is a brand new addition to my collection. Normally, I wouldn't go for something that so obviously screams "CHRISTMAS!," but I actually ended up liking this outfit a lot – and I'll be able to make lots of other combinations with these pieces.

retro christmas outfit
bow brooch
doll me up darling

This taffeta skirt comes in several different colors, and I was pleasantly surprised by how nice it is in person. Doll Me Up provides detailed measurements for every item they carry (which is a huge plus when shopping online), and I found this skirt to run true to the size chart provided. Unlike a lot of the pieces they carry, this skirt unfortunately doesn't come in extended sizes – but some of the cropped cardigans do! Both pieces are of great quality for the price, and I love the fact that I can always find good, inexpensive basics at Doll Me Up.

christmas dress
Outfit Details
Queen Bee Skirt in Burgundy: c/o Doll Me Up
Tootsie Cropped Cardigan in Kelly Green: c/o Doll Me Up
Gold heels: ModCloth  ||  White tank top: Target
Brooch: Kohl's (old)

Have you started planning your Christmas outfits yet? :)
Have a great start to your week!

11 comments:

  1. Lovely hues for this special period of the year. I love the brooch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Love your pretty, festive outfit, hmmm, I could totally recreate this!
    That brooch is adorable!!! I would love one!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT SKIRT! So perfect for christmas! You look as gorgeous as ever :)
    Have a good Monday,
    Bethany xx

    bethanygraceo.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the perfect outfit to kick off the Christmas Season! You look gorgeous, and I love that present bow brooch!

    http://welcometoflipsville.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE!! I love love that skirttt - sheen skirts are my weakness!! Can't wait to see more Christmas outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wonderfully pretty! I love the weave burgundy, wine and other similar hues into my holiday season attire, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...