Sunday, August 24, 2014

All in the golden afternoon

Hell Bunny floral dress
Floral print
Hell Bunny floral dress

This dress is even prettier than I thought it'd be!  I'd seen it on the ModCloth website for a long time, and I always liked the style, but I think it's even lovelier in person.  Hell Bunny is one of my favorite brands (I may have to make it the subject of my next "Label Love" post), and I'm glad I was able to snatch this dress up at 70% off!  Plus, it perfectly matches my pink BAIT heels!  The print of this dress and this pretty lighting reminded me of the song from Alice in Wonderland that all the flowers sing (hence the post title).

Floral dress
Pink flowers
Hell Bunny dress
Floral print dress
Hell Bunny floral dress

I'm still in New York City right now, and I had such a nice time with Kristina and Midge yesterday in McCarren Park.  We're going to the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens today (and I wish I had brought this dress with me!), which will be fun.  Other than seeing them, I've spent a lot of time with my roommate from college, who was sweet enough to let me stay with her, and I've seen a few other people from school, as well.  As with most things, this trip didn't really go exactly as planned, but I think it was a good idea to challenge myself to be a little more independent and remember that I can handle the things that come my way.  I'm totally undecided in terms of whether I want to move back here (or the general area), but in a lot of ways, it might be something I won't feel 100% about until I try.  I have a lot of time to think about it, so I'm trying not to stress out about not knowing, as hard as that is.

Hell Bunny dress
BAIT footwear
Hell Bunny mums dress
Outfit Details
Dress: ModCloth (similar)
Spectators: ModCloth
Petticoat: eBay

Have a beautiful Sunday!
xox Sammi

12 comments:

  1. Loveee this outfit on you!!! It's so gorgeous. The pink Idas do pair quite perectly with the dress :) Hell Bunny is such a great brand, and is also one of my favs! And that's amazing that you got it for 70% off.
    Sounds like you're having a really great time in NYC :) I'll be going there in a month, and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahhh Sammi you look so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OooOohooo Miss SAMMI. You are an absolute fairy princess here. I mean, I think I need to take fairy princess lessons from you, from sipping dew drops from leaves to fluttering around from rosebush to rosebush. FAIRY ON, GIRL FRIEND.

    That dress is an absolute dream and I'm so glad that you're doing well over there! Just do what feels right! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty lighting and pretty dress :).

    Tamara
    www.trulytamara.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pattern is soooo nice.
    http://www.fashiondenis.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those photos are so sweet. I love how the sunlight filtering through the trees gives everything this soft focus glow. It reminds me a little bit of how the 70s version of The Great Gatsby looks. That dress is really pretty, I like the pink floral on the black background. It seems like something that would transition really well into fall with a cardigan and some tights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah?! That's Hell Bunny? I love them (and am all on board your next label love being about them!) and this is so pretty. Seriously enchanting on you. Can't wait to hear more about New York, meeting bloggers and possible moving ideas! Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUCH A CUTE OUTFIT! Absolutely perfect on you! Looooove the close-up shot of those shoes too! Just heaven. And can I say that I'm always in awe of how perfect your hair looks. <3 :D *heart eyes emoji*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gloriously pretty dress!!! I utterly adore florals set atop black like that. I have a 80s does 40s/50s "house dress" style frock in a black background floral and think I've worn it more over the years than any other house dress I have. In fact, when we lived in Toronto, I had to make a conscious effort not to wear it too often - lest the postman think I only had a couple of outfits! :D

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous photos! I love that they're bigger now on your new blog design! woohoo! <3 stay positive pretty woman!

    love, polly
    pollybland.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hell Bunny is awesome! I have the zombie unicorn petal dress in black and it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So so pretty! Its admirable that you decided to make the trip and take things as they come. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...