Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Chicory


Outfit Details:
Vintage dress: Hep Threads Vintage
Flats: Urban Outfitters (similar here)
Boater hat: River Island (similar here)
Daisy ring & brooch: Mom's
Petticoat: eBay




Instagram can be a wonderful tool for vintage lovers and sellers alike.  Most vintage sellers are on Etsy or other platforms (though some use Instagram exclusively), but it's a fantastic tool for sharing new additions, sharing sales and revving up interest.  I started following Brenna on Instagram after seeing a lovely drawing she did of Amelia and June, having no idea that she also sold vintage pieces.  I saw a post involving this dress and promptly fell in love.  I crossed my fingers, hoping that it might be my size (so many beautiful vintage dresses are XS, which would never ever work on me)... and luckily, the measurements she gave were *just* plausible for me.  Brenna was incredibly sweet and reserved the dress for me, and I pounced, praying that it would fit once it arrived.  I don't normally take gambles on vintage, especially on more expensive pieces, but something told me that this dress would be worth it.  And it was.  It's certainly one of the prettiest vintage dresses I own, and I love it even more in person than I did when I first saw it on Instagram.  And best of all, it fits perfectly.  The skirt is full enough for a crinoline (always a plus!), and I love the subtle floral pattern and ric-rac trim.  This is truly the epitome of a lucky find, and I'm so thankful to Brenna for this beautiful edition to my closet!






I can scarcely believe how green everything has gotten since I took these photos!  It was just beginning to feel like spring when I took these (and it wasn't that long ago!), but now my entire backyard is completely lush and it's already overgrown!  This dress is really perfect for summer, and I can't wait to wear it again.  I'm so relieved that it's finally spring, even though it doesn't last as long as I'd like before it gives way to summer.  But I'm just grateful that we won't be seeing snow again for a while!






Have a wonderful Wednesday!
xox Sammi

PS: Don't forget to enter my giveaway!  One lucky follower will win a personalized name necklace from Onecklace!  Get all the details & enter to win here!  :)

7 comments:

  1. The dress looks like it fits like a dream! The blues are so gorgeous and bright, and I love your brooch. And yaaaaay, everything is finally green! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so cute! I'm glad your risk paid off. It seems like most of the dreamiest vintage pieces are in fact for tiny people and its super discouraging, but then gems like these arise and make them all the more special c:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, paired with that hat, this dress just seems the epitome of summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress was meant for you! I love the cute print- perfect for summer. I srsly need to find me a boater hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an outfit! And I have gone through the same Instagram process you described! It's such a wonderful tool for sellers and shoppers alike!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is amazing. Its always tough to take the plunge on more expensive vintage dresses through the internet but when it fits like a dream it ends up being even more worth it. Also is this weird to say but I could totally see you picnicking near a river in this outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is adorable! I love all the details!

    ~Vicki
    decked out in ruffles

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...