Saturday, April 5, 2014

Merry-go-round

Outfit Details:
Carousel dress: c/o Bonne Chance Collections
Pink coat: ASOS (similar here)
Castle ring: Sammydress
Tights: Target
Boots: eBay




This dress is so much fun!  I'm so enchanted with the print of the skirt -- not only does it have carousel animals, but it also has bows and teacups!  Plus, the colors are pretty perfect.  The kind ladies at Bonne Chance Collections actually sent me this dress as a gift, for which I am so grateful.  They have been nothing but kind and supportive towards me and my blog.  I was disappointed when another version of this dress sold out on their website, and they were so sweet to send me this one!  I wish it were a little roomier in the bust, but it's too cute a dress to be sitting in my closet!






This weekend is filled with shows for My Son Pinocchio -- we had our two school shows yesterday (where kids from various schools come to see the show on field trips), and then we have one show today and two tomorrow.  This show isn't really physically-demanding for me, by any means, but for some reason, it's really exhausting.  I'm not sure if it's doing the show on top of everything else that's going on for me emotionally, or whether it's because I'm out of shape, or what... it's most likely the combination of these things, haha.  I know I really need to make some changes in my life, but I'm finding that I'm short on willpower these days, and I am definitely struggling more than I thought I was. These last 6+ months have been emotionally-trying, and I'm still trying to sort through and come to terms with everything.  It's hard.  Sometimes I think I'm over things, but the truth of the matter is that I'm not, and have a long way to go yet.  But recognizing that you're struggling is a good first step to figuring things out, I think.  I usually want this blog to be a place of escape and positivity, but not at the risk of feeling like I'm deceiving anyone -- lest of all, myself.  So thanks for bearing with me, friends.




Have a great Saturday!
xox Sammi

10 comments:

  1. This is the cutest dress, I totally love it, thanks for sharing ~ Sarah

    http://jacobandmeblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, this dress looks adorable, especially with how you paired it with the pink coat (That is a gorgeous coat.)

    Secondly... I like that you are so honest with us about your emotional state. It takes a while to be feeling all the way "better" and everyone has good days and bad days. Glad to hear the show is up; break a leg, Blue Fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this dress so much! The colours are amazing, and it looks so nice with your pretty pink coat. The print is just lovely, too! :)
    I'm sorry that it's been so emotionally trying for you the last few months. I really hope things will keep getting easier and better for you! You deserve to be totally, completly happy! And thank you for being so honest with your readers. That's a great quality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely dress, the colors are so wonderfully bright! And that castle ring is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oo, that is zoo cute. Perfect colors.
    http://www.fashiondenis.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is adorable. I had never heard of that brand! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good to be honest with yourself and if this is where you want to do that then go ahead. Your blog, your rules and such.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your honesty. Lately I've been getting really sick of reading about everyone's perfect life (pretty sure I'm just bitter bc I got dumped and it's really hard to be happy for others when you're depressed...but I digress), I'm in need of a change too...add more meaning to my life you know? Anyways you look perfect as always, their dresses usually run big on me so I've been looking to get mine tailored...good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Splendidly pretty dress and colour palette! Bows, polka dots, merry-go-round horses, teacups, bunting - swoon, it's all so magically lovely!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always a doll! Loving that dress with that coat. I appreciate the honesty you bring to your blog. I feel like the past 6 months have been rough for me too and its always nice seeing/hearing how others are dealing with their own struggles. I wish you happier times in the coming months though, love <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...