Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Brand new cadillac

Outfit Details:
Yumi '50s print dress: ModCloth (old)
Dream of the Crop Cardigan in Red: ModCloth
White flats: yeswalker




I bought this darling dress during ModCloth's big sale during this past winter (I think it was the Cabin Fever Sale?), and it's been sitting in my closet ever since!  Since it's pretty short and made of a rather thin material, it's not a great dress for the winter, but it's a great one for summer!  This dress is almost identical in silhouette to another Yumi dress I recently wore on the blog (you can see that here), and if you know anything about me, you know that I'm a sucker for great patterns -- and Yumi gets the award for unique, gorgeous prints!  I love the classic cars and '50s drive-in/diner aspects!







My mom and I always talk about the fact that there is truly an untapped niche out there for cars that appeal to female drivers.  I suppose that's an unfair generalization on my part, in that there are women who I'm sure don't care about having pretty cars or want to have especially-girly automobiles.  However, I am not one of those women.  I would love to have a beautiful, girly car that speaks to my equally-girly personality!  There was a huge response to the newer VW bugs when they first came out, and cars like the Mini Cooper and Prius have feminine qualities (I think), and are both extremely popular.  But other than that, the choices are pretty limited.  Fiats are adorable too, but I think they're only available in stick shifts, since they're Italian cars.  There's a car commercial out now that tries to compare a beautiful red classic convertible with an ugly, generic newer car, and it tries to make the latter look more desirable (and fails miserably, in my opinion)!  Harlow Darling over at Vintage at Heart made an excellent point on Facebook that there are many wonderful brands who have successfully made their mark in the fashion world with vintage reproductions and retro-inspired silhouettes; why can't the same be true for car companies?!  There are tons of gorgeous, classic cars in my area that come out in the warm weather, and I find myself sighing and lusting after all of them.  I've even seen many for sale, but the problem lies in the maintenance aspects of the car.  Why can't some wonderfully-inventive car company made vintage reproduction cars??  Make the exterior with those classic, beautiful lines and colors, and bring the exterior into the 21st century (while keeping the retro inspiration)!  I would be the first in line to buy one!  After I master learning how to drive, that is.





I took these during a chilly spell (since then it has warmed up and then promptly cooled down again), and I thought this sweater would be perfect with it.  I really cannot say enough good things about these Dream of the Crop cardigans from ModCloth.  They are seriously the perfect length for dresses, and I am the kind of girl who ALWAYS needs to bring a sweater with me.  I love that they're stretchy and form-fitting while being really flattering at the same time.




I can scarcely believe that it's already September.  This month is going to be a busy one for me.  I'm going to have to balance up to three different rehearsal schedules (one for the show I'm both producing and starring in during the Rochester Fringe Festival, one for the Rapunzel show with the children's theater, and possibly another for the Hansel and Gretel show I did last year that may be remounted and taken into more schools), along with everything else.  Let's just hope I make it through alive!

Have a great Tuesday!
xox Sammi

9 comments:

  1. You truly are the queen of prints aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This print is wonderful! I also love the soft yellow color with a pop of red! Happy September to you :)
    Have a great day!
    xo Hannah

    thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peerfect pattern.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree that they should be making cars with the safety and convenience features of modern-day and the beautiful shapes and lines of classic cars! There's a reason that so many of those old cars are so beloved today--they were good looking! :P

    The Random Writings of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vintage reproduction cars would be awesome, but lots of those cars have rights held by the designers and such where they can't be reproduced. It's all a part of the classic thing, and we can't just go off making everything timeless! There's comfort in knowing that there are some things out there that can't be easily reproduced... but maybe that's just me. I kind of like being able to look at a vintage car, not knowing anything about vintage cars, and know it's vintage. If there were reproductions all around, what would the fun in that be?

    I do adore this dress though, Sammi! All the little cars over it... adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The car idea is so great! And I would definitely go for a more "girly" type car, like a pink convertible or something haha Loving the print of the dress as well, gorgeous as usual (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. the prints on your dress is so cute!! I love it! and you look so sweet in it. :)
    have fun with all your september rehearsals!

    xoxo, Joei
    JoeiMacaroni
    Joei's BlogLovin'
    Joei's Google+

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love mixing primary colors, and that print is awesome! I can't believe it's already September, either. Good luck with rehearsals! It makes me miss being in drama club and starting all that up again this time of year. Sometimes I wish I could go back to high school days every now and then...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This print is SO fun! Love it!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...