Saturday, August 24, 2013

Tickled pink

Outfit Details:
Vintage pink dress: Great Lake Outfitters
Vintage pink petticoat: from my voice teacher
Skinny white belt: ASOS (on sale!)
Boater hat: River Island
Care To Dance? Wedge in Petal: ModCloth (also available directly from BAIT)
Ring: Urban Outfitters





I took these photos on a whim last weekend, in an effort to get more wear out of the pieces I already have.  I wore this adorable vintage dress on my blog once before (albeit briefly), and at the time, I was convinced that this dress would need some serious hemming before I attempted to wear it again.  But now I'm wondering if it might be a little bit criminal to do that to this dress, and besides which, I think it actually looks pretty cute with the little petticoat sticking out underneath!








I've progressively been getting more and more into pink as of late.  This exact shade of pink (a pinkish hue...?  Seinfeld, anyone?) was my favorite color when I was little, and I really enjoy the fact that it's making its way back into my wardrobe choices as an adult (or quasi-adult).








I think we may drive to Syracuse to go to the New York State Fair today (if the weather's nice).  I've only been there once -- and I was too young to remember anything -- and since it's only $10 (and I have the perfect amusement park dress to wear), we might as well go.  It'll be a source of entertainment (intentional or not), at the very least!





Hope you have a sunny Saturday!
xox Sammi

16 comments:

  1. Oh, Sammi! Your dress is so darling. I love that color... it's like a bubblegum pink. Those little loop-di-loops are so much fun... loooop-di-loop. Haha, I'd be playing with those all day and hanging pencils in them and such. But they are cute. Maybe your dress resembles icing, too. YOU AND YOUR CUTE PIECES GIRL

    I hope that your trip to the amusement park sounds fun! Man, I haven't been to a carnival or amusement park in so so long... so I'll have to live vicariously through you on that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is great! Such a pretty shade of pink, it looks so nice on you. And these shoes are lovely! They are perfect paired with this dress.
    I like that you referenced Seinfeld, ha! It's my fav show. Have fun at the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink is such an amazing color on you! I love the hat too, you look great! Happy weekend! :) -♥- Rachel (For the Birds)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this summer dress and wouldn't change a thing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the length looks fabulous, and so perfect with those adorable shoes! Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this dress! The tea length is perfect for fall and the color is seriously beautiful. And your skin is flawless!! What are your secrets?!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sammi, looking as pretty as always! This is such a lovely vintage dress, all the details are amazing!

    Fang Ting
    ftashion

    ReplyDelete
  8. This whole post I was thinking, "man, I want her dress" and then I saw your shoes! TOTAL SWOON. I am in love with them. They are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As usual you look adorable, sweet, and perfect. And I second Hannah -- your skin is divine. How do you do it?

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This dress looks so perfect on you! And I love it with the shoes and hat.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful classic look! That color looks great on you and I love the little looped pieces of fabric on either side of the buttons. It really transforms the dress by adding interesting textures. The shoes are adorable as well!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful look! SO elegant and classic. I love all of the little details on the dress and I loveeee how you paired it with those gorgeous shoes. Great look!
    I really enjoy reading your blog and cannot wait to read more posts!
    xx Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pink look so sweet and cute! I love the shoes too!
    This look is perfect for you. :D

    Google + / Twitter / Bloglovin


    cassandra xx
    http://backtofive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your skin really is flawless. I have the same BAIT shoes!!!! :)

    love, polly :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So in love with everything about this look! The shoes and hat *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Going back through some of your blog posts from you blogversary post. Loving the way you combined the boater hat with the dress :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...