Monday, May 20, 2013

Loads of lilacs

If you couldn't tell from the title, you now know that my favorite flower (and Rochester's favorite, coincidentally) is the lilac!  They're pretty abundant around here, though I'm not sure whether this explains why we have a festival devoted to them, or whether their presence is a result of that devotion.  Regardless, I'm thankful for their presence (though it's always too short-lived!), because they're so gorgeous and smell so lovely!  Lilac is a huge color in fashion this season, and I couldn't be happier.



Outfit Details:
Paris Dress in Lovely Lilac: Bernie Dexter (also available in other styles)
White flats: ASOS
Necklace: Forever 21 (old)



I got this dress back in October for my birthday (as a present to myself, ha) and though I wore it once in the chilly and damp October weather, I almost couldn't wait to wear it when it actually made sense (seasonally-speaking)!  I think it's one of the most flattering dresses I own.  Leave it to Bernie!























We went to the Lilac Festival (on the very last day) to see my dad's band play, which was fun and makes me a very proud daughter.  Although the lilacs were on their way out, we still got to smell lots of them and see all the different varieties (there are more than you'd think!).  It was very crowded and I ate too much, but I'm still glad we went!  

Have a lovely Monday!
xox Sammi  

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Sammi, you have so many cute dresses. First the sunflower one, now this lovely lilac one. Oh, and your "lovely" necklace suits it perfectly.

    A Lilac Festival... I've never heard of that before, but it sounds pretty enchanting being able to go around and sniff flowers and consume delicious food. I can see why it's your favorite flower. Mine's gotta be a hydrangea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE lilac. The smell is so sweet and intoxicatingly good. I wish we had more around here! I love that dress. It's one of the ones I've been eyeing by Bernie Dexter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so lovely where you live - and what a beautiful dress! So fitting :).
    -Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress, these flowers, and you are all stunning! This dress definitely looks like it was begging for spring. So pretty, especially that full skirt! Bernie Dexter is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sammi my sweet this is the most stunning series of photos...you loookkk b e a u t i f u l in this lilac dress! simply stunning!! your dress collection is incredible girl! I agree the smell of lilac, the colours! all wonderful!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress looks great on you! I agree, lilacs are gorgeous!


    ~Bristol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, this is the best look ever! <3 Bernie Dexter dresses look like they were made for you!

    xo
    Jo
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  8. your necklace says it all <3 so beautiful and love the print on the dress x

    iampolkadots.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) BEAUTIFUL! I love lilacs. This is utterly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This color is really flattering on you too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...