Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Blueberries For Sal

collectif blueberry dress

As you may have realized, I've been planning most of my summer excursions around fruit picking. It's one of my favorite things to do. I love supporting local farms and orchards (and having fresh produce is always a plus), but I mostly enjoy having any excuse to spend time outside. I'm not a religious person, nor do I really identify as spiritual... but communing with nature is the way I feel close to something more than myself and it's sort of my gratitude practice, in a way. I never really thought about it in those terms until I started to write this post, but it makes sense that I would do everything possible to make time for it – especially when these warm days are so precious here.

blueberry picking rochester ny
blueberries rochester ny

Fruit picking also gives me the chance to spend time with people I love (and to dress thematically!). My mom and I had the chance to go blueberry picking during evening hours, which was a nice change. The experience reminded me of the picture book Blueberries For Sal – my mom's name is Sally and I have fond memories of us doing things like this as a kid. Of course, I had to wear this blueberry print dress from Collectif for the occasion. You know I can't resist a fruity novelty print frock!

blueberry dress
blueberry picking green acre farms rochester ny
blueberry print dress collectif
Outfit Details
Mainline Eliza Blueberries Swing Dress: Collectif (other style here)
Necklace: similar  ||  Flats: similar

blueberries
blueberry print dress
collectif dress

On a separate note, thank you so much to everyone who reached out to express their support for my newest venture, Dear Blossom Studios. In case you missed the big announcement, you can read all about it here. And be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram if you haven't already! You are all truly the best and I'm so excited about what's to come. Being able to focus on something new and creative has made all the difference these past few months. That's always been how I've gotten through heartbreak in the past and it feels apt that my newest project is all about blossoming and coming into one's own. 
off shoulder fruit dress
Have a wonderful Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. This is Collectif?? How did I never see this? It's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those prints that's easy to miss, but I eyed it in other styles last year and I was so happy they came out with this dress!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely post.
    I love fruit picking too and being outside in nature. I've blogged about strawberry picking in the past and I'd love to go blueberry picking one day. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone feels the same way about this as I do!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...