Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Polka Dots + Promotions

joanie clothing dress

I hope you all had a nice holiday weekend! I actually didn't end up doing much yesterday (we went to the mall – very exciting!), but it was definitely nice to have some extra time off from work. However, work has been kind of great lately because... I just got a promotion! It feels really nice to be recognized for my efforts and how far I've come in the last year. Best of all, my day-to-day job isn't going to change all that much (just which clients I write for and how much time I'm able to spend on them). So really, it's the best of both worlds. I'm eager to get started on these new challenges!

vintage hat box
joanie clothing alison polka dot dress
red heart belt vintage

Promotions call for celebrations, and this Joanie Clothing dress is the perfect piece for date nights, special dinners, or literally any summertime event. It's actually on sale for a STEAL right now (and there's a cute long sleeved version, too!) It's 100% cotton and quite lightweight, but it could easily be dressed up with cute heels and some jewelry. I kind of toed the line between casual and formal here, adding one of my favorite belts and using an adorable vintage hat box as a purse. It was wayyy too humid to wear this white jean jacket in the photos, but I had to decorate the lapel with my new Betty & Veronica pin!

white denim jacket
veronica lodge pin sara lyons betty and veronica
polka dot halter dress
halter dress polka dot
joanie clothing
Outfits
Alison Swing Dress: c/o Joanie Clothing (on sale!)
Heart belt: eBay  || Veronica Lodge pin: Betty and Veronica
White denim jacket: similar  ||  Hat box: vintage (similar)

Have a terrific Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What kind of work do you do? Super adorable outfit and dreamy lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! Congrats on the promotion! It really does feel good when that happens!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...