Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Purple Plaid

vintage plaid dress

Finding a cute vintage dress in my size is always a treat. I love a good plaid, especially in a colorway like this, and any vintage dress with oversized pockets and a matching belt automatically has me swooning. I usually like my skirts to be a little fuller, but I think this will be a great summertime go-to. This dress also provided the perfect backdrop for this adorable sparkly heart brooch from Match Accessories – which I've been wanting to show off forever, but I never had the right dress for it. Is it weird I feel sort of accomplished when I finally put together the perfect apparel pairing?

vintage dress
plaid dress
match accessories

In other news, I'm slowly getting settled into my new routine and surroundings. So is Pumpkin, though I feel incredibly guilty leaving her alone all day while I'm at work. She's used to being around people most of the time (since both my parents and I were working from home), and I know it can't be easy for her to adjust to all of these changes. It's not easy for me either, but I'm sure it's more confusing for a little kitty cat. I know things will sort themselves out in good time... but patience is not a virtue I often possess, truth be told. Just another thing I need to work on...

purple plaid dress
Outfit Details
Heart brooch: c/o Match Accessories (other colors here)
Boater hat: similar

heart brooch
Have a wonderful Wednesday!

8 comments:

  1. SWOON! I am simply in love with this dress! The colors are wonderful, and talk about major plus with pockets!!! Plus it fits you gorgeously! Also, it came from where I used to work! I worked at Sarah's brick-and-mortar shop when I lived in Portland!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous dress!!! The coloring is so pretty. I love this complete outfit!

    xx Chelsea
    www.organizedmessblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a really cute dress, love the plaid and your boater hat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh the dress is so lovely and I love how you've styled it!
    I'm glad things are going better, I'm sure both you and your kitty will get used to it in due time! :D
    Hope you're having a great week.
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous dress and the brooch is beautiful as well. You have every right to feel happy about pulling off a perfect outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely charming outfit. I love your sweet, sparkly Match heart brooch.

    Oodles of hugs & happy weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Love the colorway of this plaid and LOVE it with the brooch. I hope Match Accessories comes back. I've heard they've kind of been taking a break lately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colours in this frock, and what a perfect finishing touch that brooch is x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...