Monday, May 30, 2016

Beachy Keen

emily and fin

I've been a fan of British-based brand, Emily and Fin, for quite a few years now. They always have the cutest prints and they make some really flattering styles. I'm totally swooning over their newest collection, which features all sorts of spectacular summery pieces and prints – from synchronized swimmers to sailboats – and this seaside printed dress is my absolute favorite of the bunch! I thought this fantastic print would be a great choice for Memorial Day, since it's often seen as the unofficial start to summer. My best friend and I decided to head down to Charlotte Beach (which is right on Lake Ontario) to soak up some sun and grab some Abbott's frozen custard to celebrate.

emily and fin isobel dress
emily & fin seaside
emily and fin by the seaside dress

I was first introduced to Emily and Fin via popular sites like ModClothASOSUnique Vintage and Hello Holiday, which I've found to be great resources for finding awesome overseas companies. I've owned a couple of other Emily and Fin styles before, but this was my first Isobel dress... and I fell in love immediately after putting it on! I really like the scooped neckline (there's a deeper scoop in the back, which makes for a very nice silhouette), and I think the shape works really well on me – plus, pockets! The dress is fully lined and is 100% cotton poplin, which feels a bit more luxurious than a regular cotton dress but is just as great for hot summer weather. I love that this print works well for the summertime patriotic holidays (it comes in other prints as well), and it'll be definitely be getting lots of wear over the next few months!
emily and fin seaside dress
nautical patriotic dress
emily & fin
Outfit Details
Isobel Dress in By The Seaside: c/o Emily and Fin
Red belt: from another dress (similar)

ice cream

Have a happy & safe Memorial Day!

PS: in case you missed it, I added a ton of new items to my Shop My Closet store – and you can get 10% off your purchase when you enter the code SOUBRETTE10 at checkout! :)

7 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I was just eyeing the skirt in this print on Modcloth, and trying to decide whether to get it. You make the dress version look like the way to go, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dress, I love the vibrant colors! Can it fit a petticoat underneath or is it better just to wear the dress as it is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my what a cute dress, love the beachside print and the colours! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is sooo cute!! You look gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesomely adorable dress! I love the skirt length (midi is my person fave) and cuter than cute novelty print - plus that chic, classic nautical colour palette is divine on you.

    Big hugs & happy Friday wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect match - your red BAITs and this dress!! Match made in heaven for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous dress! Love the colors on you and the print is so cute! I just got my first Emily and Fin dress (not sure recently) over black friday from PUG. I was definitely impressed by the quality for sure! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...