Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Dolly & Dotty

dolly and dotty dress

I'm always on the lookout for new resources for vintage reproduction – especially ones that carry or produce garments that are both high-quality and budget-friendly. I was vaguely familiar with UK brand Dolly & Dotty before, but after receiving the "Darlene" dress you see here, I'm completely delighted with this company. The sheer amount of variety of pieces on their website is almost dizzying, and the price point is incredibly reasonable. The average price of their dresses is around $50 (which is already a bargain), and they're also having a sale right now – the dress I'm wearing here is currently selling for $38! Because of the low cost, I was a little skeptical about whether the quality would be up to snuff, but I was so pleasantly surprised by just how lovely this dress is!

mint and coral dress
pastel vintage dress
dolly and dotty uk

It takes a lot for me to fall in love with a dress that doesn't feature a novelty print, but I'll admit it: I'm head over heels for this one. It might be one of the most flattering dresses in my closet, thanks to the detailing under the bust, and I love the neckline. Even though their size chart indicated I should order a size up from my normal choice, I was further advised to stick with my normal size, which ended up fitting perfectly. The "Darlene" dress also comes in cream + navy, but I had to go with the mint green + coral – it's a color combination I adore (and don't see often), and it matches these heels perfectly! The one sticking point for me is that because of the hidden side zipper, it can be a bit of a challenge to get this dress on and off without mussing up one's hair or makeup, but that's ultimately not a deal-breaker for me – especially when everything else about this dress is so great! I'm totally sold on Dolly & Dotty, and if you're a savvy shopper looking to add some retro reproduction into your life, I'd definitely advise checking out their wide array of styles!

dolly & dotty
Outfit Details
Darlene Dress: c/o Dolly & Dotty
Hair flower: similar

retro dress

On a totally non-outfit-related note, I'm in rehearsals for my newest project (called Elephant and Piggie's "We Are in a Play!," based on the books by Mo Willems) – which is going to be adorable – and I just found out that I'll be playing Heather Duke in the musical version of Heathers after that! (If you're familiar with the film, it's the Shannen Dohrety part.) I'm totally ecstatic, since both shows are going to be so much fun. I'm always happiest when I have several creative outlets (which is one of the reasons why I started blogging in the first place), so I'm really looking forward to the next few months.  :)

Have a great day!

13 comments:

  1. Oh my God - I LOVE Heathers! Such an awesome role for you! Congrats!

    Also, the colors of this dress are so pretty - it's like wearing sherbet! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's going to be a blast. And you are SO right – I feel very rainbow sherbet-y! :)

      Delete
  2. Okay so this post is making me so excited for two things: first this DRESS, I have to buy it, and the price?! Amazing! It is sooo beautiful on you. I hope you don't mind if you see me outfit posting this sometime... Also Heathers!
    That is Amazing!! I wish I could see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look very pretty- their clothes are super reasonable!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty and unique dress! I love the color combination and it looks so great with your matching BAITs. Congrats on your new and up coming roles too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this dress is adorable! What gorgeous colors, and a great silhouette. The colors are perfect and the bust detail is so pretty. You're totally rocking it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge congrats on both rolls, sweet Sammi.

    This dress is all kinds of lovely!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty outfit! The colors in this dress are so dreamy!! You look lovely :)

    xoxo. Holly Erinn
    happinessbrand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my my my!!! This dress looks FAB on you! I have to say I thought the dress looked a bit sad on the website, I guess their photos don't do it justice at all. Really gorgeous! Lovely, helpful staff too - I had the pleasure of reviewing one of their dresses earlier this month. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one beautiful dress and I adore the color combination as well. Looking fabulous!! I might have to take a peek at that site and all their pretty dresses. :)

    Regina
    Margarita Bloom | Modern Vintage Beauty & Fashion
    BLOG: Cherry Lips Blonde Curls
    INSTAGRAM: @margaritabloom
    BLOGLOVIN Margarita Bloom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mint and coral! I am in! What a gorgeous dress and at such a grear price it is too hard to resist. The colors of the dress are perfect and the dress fits you beautifully.

    Rebecca
    http://www.winnipegstyle.ca/Blog/default.cfm

    ReplyDelete
  11. These colors are so beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...