Saturday, October 24, 2015

Pink princess

unique vintage pink dress

I don't think anyone can accuse me of not being a girly-girl. It's not that I feel like I have some obligation to be ultra-feminine or anything; I just happen to like it, and I feel like the most "me" when I'm wearing something pretty. I think it goes without saying that I feel like a total princess in this Unique Vintage dress – and I love it. It's the perfect birthday dress (pink AND polka dots!), which is very convenient, since my birthday is in just a few days!

pink dress
heart necklace
vintage pink dress
pink unique vintage dress
unique vintage dandridge dress

The one drawback of this dress is that when I first received it, it was a little too revealing on me. I had initially asked for the next size up, but it proved to be much too big on me. The strapless top portion in this size isn't quite accommodating enough for my body, but this was an easy fix with a trip to Jo-Ann Fabrics for some ribbon. I have a really good color memory, and I happened to find some beautiful ribbon (in the clearance section!) that matches this dress perfectly. My mom sewed the ribbon onto the bodice to make halter straps (thanks, Mom!), and it instantly transformed the dress! I love it even more now, and it looks even more birthday-like – I look like a literal present!

pink dress
dandridge dress unique vintage
bettie page shoes
pink halter dress
Outfit Details
Dandrige Dress: c/o Unique Vintage
DIY halter straps: Jo-Ann's (similar)
Cake ring: Le Petite Bonbon
Bettie Page shoes: Amazon
Necklace: gift from Mom
Petticoat: similar

Have a great weekend – and don't forget to check back on Monday for something really exciting! :)

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colour on you, perfect party dress! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you look GORGEOUS! That shade of pink is so beautiful on you, and I agree that it's the perfect birthday dress! Polka dots can never go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo beautiful. This would make a lovely bridesmaid dress xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so gorgeous! This is the perfect Birthday dress and colour, and the straps look great added!
    http://welcometoflipsville.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look beautiful! Definitely a pretty party dress indeed!

    -Marie
    www.thatdarlingmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastically pretty outfit! You're a vision of old school loveliness, dear gal!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, the perfect dress for a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the added ribbon! I think it looks better with straps!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is so cute and your fashion style is so wonderful! I just thought I would let you know that I put your blog on my list of 6 fashion blogs I love. You are so inspiring and adorable! http://haphazardlypreppy.blogspot.ca/2015/10/6-fashion-blogs-i-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a perfect birthday dress! So incredibly girly and fun. I love how you added the halter straps. I wouldn't have even known they were a later addition unless you'd said so.

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...