Sunday, June 28, 2015

When life gives you lemons

lemon dress

In this case, it's actually a good thing that life (or rather, one of my best friends) gave me lemons – in the form of this adorable lemon print dress! Ashley sent me this Pinup Girl Clothing dress as a gift, and for someone who's as obsessed with novelty prints and cute details as I am, I was thrilled to add it to my ever-growing PUG collection. I consider myself to be of average-to-tall height (I'm 5'7"), so I was surprised that this dress is a bit lengthy on me (both in terms of hemline and in the torso). But it's such a beautiful, summery dress that I was determined to find a way to make it work!

pinup girl clothing lemonade dress
onecklace name necklace
pinup girl clothing nancy dress in blue lemonade print
Outfit Details
Nancy Dress in Blue Lemonade: Pinup Girl Clothing (gift from Ashley)
"Sammi" necklace: c/o oNecklace
Petticoat: similar
Flats: similar

lemonade print dress
pink lemonade dress

There isn't a whole lot else to report; I've just been busy with rehearsing for the show I'm in right now. It's a 1960's revue called Beehive, and it's a lot of fun (and a lot of work)! I'm actually wearing mostly my own dresses in the show, which is kind of great because they're pieces I love and look good on me. If you're interested, you can check out our little promotional lip-sync video below (fair warning: I look like a goon most of the time!).  :)


Have a great Sunday!

10 comments:

  1. That show looks like so much fun! I love everyone's outfits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - love your title :)
    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like your fringe needs it's own fan club. Total perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god I loved that little video! So cute!! Also, what is with PUG and their stuff being for gigantically tall women? If at 5'7" you even find the dress a bit long, I'd be swimming in it at 5'2"!! Ahh! So funny! I guess they expect us all to be prancing around in heels? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, really gorgeous outfit! I love the longer hem length and how perfectly this fits you - plus, your hair is rocking in these shots. What a thoughtful, generous gift for your friend to send you.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dress is perfect on you. It's so fun and summery. I prefer longer length dresses and you definitely pull this one off. Also, the new musical promo video is just too cute and fun. I am a sucker for musicals and just about anything retro inspired :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really cute dress and I love the necklace!

    I wanted to stop by because I actually used a look of yours for inspiration, but didn't know who you were (LOL) until Jessica of Midwest Muse introduced me to your blog! You can find the post here: http://franniepantz.blogspot.com/2015/06/make-it-work-monday-17.html

    Thanks for the inspiration! Another ironic fact was that in my post I was talking about my sister . . . who is also named Sammie. Weird!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm gonna check out the promotional ad soon as I am not in a public venue without headphones but am super excited to get to see some of your professional work! Also, how sweet that Ashley got that for you; it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...