Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Hydrangeas || Unique Vintage Style Society

hydrangea dress

Is this not one of the prettiest prints you've ever seen? As soon as I laid eyes on it, I knew I had to have it! Hydrangeas are some of my favorite flowers (third only to lilacs and peonies), and a hydrangea print is very rare indeed. I thought I had missed out on it when Heart of Haute ran out of these dresses on their site, so I was elated to find that Unique Vintage started carrying them! This dress is the same style as the cherry dress I posted last week, but it looks a lot different with a petticoat! I actually ended up wearing this dress for a callback I had last week (in the throes of a bad cold, no less!), and I think it brought me good luck! For more vintage dresses like this one, head on over to Unique Vintage to check out their fantastic selection!

heart of haute
hydrangea print
unique vintage dress

This month has already been a whirlwind, and it's only the 13th! Auditions, callbacks, birthdays, Mother's Day, seeing family, seeing shows, performing and rehearsing. I'm exhausted, but in a good way. I've gotten used to having a lot of downtime, so I had forgotten what it was like to be in a constant busy state. I sort of feel like I'm trying to maintain a balance between two distinct parts of my personality – the dolled up girl in dresses vs. the grubby performer in sweats. These two halves are both authentically me, but they do sort of have to be mutually exclusive in some ways. I like having options, and I like not being completely defined by one or the other. And I love both of these parts equally, and I don't think I should have to pick just one. I think it's something that actually makes me a little more interesting and complex, and I guess I like to challenge expectations and impressions a little. It's yet another thing that makes me a little unique, I suppose!

unique vintage style society
Outfit Details
Hydrangea Dress: c/o Unique Vintage
Shoes: Amazon
Petticoat: similar
Ring: Etsy

lavender shoes
heart of haute hydrangea dress

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
xox Sammi

10 comments:

  1. My nan's favourite flowers were hydrangeas. Even though I'm not massively into prints, I think I might have to have one of these beautiful dresses in her honour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous print! I love the ring you have too :D

    I agree, you don't need to just pick being one. You can't always be the dolled up girl or the performer in sweats. You're the same person. The happy medium!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That print is so lovely! It took me forever to find out what hydrangeas were actually called - to me, they were always just "those big puffball flowers that are really pretty." It's wonderful that you were able to get your hands on such a unique and pretty dress. It fits you so well too, you look great in it.
    Zella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress, your dress, your dress!! SO pretty! Alex

    http://tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, you in purple- such a good look and even better that you got a dress in a flower (print) you love!

    I'd love to hear you talk more about the two (style/personality) sides of you. It is always so interesting to me to hear people talk about how their style expresses some part of themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing- I love hydrangeas too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exquisitely gorgeous dress! I've been in love with it since the moment I first saw it online a few months ago and love getting the chance to see it here on someone I know. Now I want one of my own all the more!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sammi, do these shoes run true to size? I've been contemplating them ever since you posted this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do!! The buckles are a bit tricky to figure out at first but my regular size fits perfectly. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...