Sunday, April 28, 2013

Mid-spring daydream

On this sunny (albeit chilly) day, I wanted to take the opportunity to take more pictures outside!  Despite the fact that it's still way too cold to be wearing a dress like this... I just didn't care.  It's been waiting in my closet for long enough!  And it's too beautiful to keep hidden.


Outfit Details:
Under the Open Sky Dress: ModCloth
Fleur Any Occasion Headband: ModCloth
Ballet slippers: Bailey's Slipper Shop (I think)

I will probably not be able to wear these ballet slippers for their intended purpose ever again, since they've been outside... but they were old anyway.







The combination of this dress, floral crown and ballet slippers make me think of A Midsummer Night's Dream (which makes sense I guess, since it's romantic and ethereal and there is a ballet of it).  But since it's nowhere near summer here, I thought this title would be slightly more appropriate (at least, seasonally).  Also, it rhymes.  This also seems the perfect way to wrap up my Shakespeare-filled weekend (which is funny, since I actually took these pictures last Sunday, before I even planned my posts for the coming week)!  I couldn't have planned it better if I had tried (and oddly, I didn't)!  






Have a dreamy day!
xox Sammi

11 comments:

  1. I love it, I will dream about that dress tonight! You are so cute, lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, lovely dress! you alway look like princess :)
    amazing shoes!

    ANECIA WAS HERE- more than passion ♥
    blog | facebook | twitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am simply loving this dress hun!! the colour the lace!! it's all beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ballet slippers are a cute touch! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really so nice dress and perfect color. Have a nice day.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The collar of that dress is so beautiful!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty dress on you! So romantic and soft. Definitely A Midsummer Night's Dream-like!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful dress!! I love the details at the top :)

    -Emma from little motley

    ReplyDelete
  9. This dress is so sweet and gorgeous!! And so are you :) I love the dainty floral crown too. Such a darling spring look!
    Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great dress and head piece. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally love the dress! The lace, its shape and its color are just amazing! And the ballerina slippers add a special touch to the whole outfit! Really like it!

    Would you like to follow eachother through bloglovin' and gfc? If so, tell me when you followed me and I'll immediately follow back!

    Have a magic day!
    With love,
    Lory xx

    http://nomoneyforhighfashion.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...