Thursday, April 25, 2013

"Ay, while you live, draw your neck out o' the collar."

Outfit Details:
Pick of the Licorice Dress: ModCloth (no longer available, but similar here and here)
Teal cardigan: old (similar here)
White belt: ASOS
Dotted tights: ASOS
Black flats: jcpenney
Petal detachable collar: Romwe


This oversized, detachable white collar has been sitting on my desk since I purchased it months ago.  I first saw it on Kaylah of The Dainty Squid (who is one of my favorite bloggers) months ago (see one of the ways she's worn it here!), and since peter pan collars are such a cute and trendy detail, I bought it just because.  It is on the large side though, and it sits lower than a lot of my dresses, so I had to figure out that it looks great with cardigans... which is fortunate, since I have so many.  :)

This is sort of a drab outfit for spring, but it was pretty drab outside when I took these (hence why I am inside).
I had yesterday off from work (and today too, for some reason), so I'm trying to get ahead on blogging and other work (like cleaning... we'll see how that goes).  My best friend Wayne and I are seeing a show tonight -- two of our friends are in a musical adaptation of Measure for Measure (one of my favorite Shakespeare plays).  In fact, this whole weekend is Shakespeare-themed (which is pretty appropriate, since his birthday was on Tuesday); I have to work on Friday for a concert that features the music of Sondheim and Bernstein (who collectively wrote the music and lyrics for West Side Story... which is based on Romeo and Juliet... which is where this blog post title comes from... see what I did there?), and Wayne and I are also seeing a production of The Merchant of Venice on Saturday night.  So it will be a Bard-filled weekend, and that's quite alright with me.

  
Have a great Thursday!
xox Sammi

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty collar! and cute tights! :)

    xoxox
    theefface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all over that cardigan! SO cute. Thanks for sharing, adorable lady!

    The Nautical Owl
    Facebook
    Etsy
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute blue tone! love dots on tights :)

    ANECIA WAS HERE- more than passion ♥
    blog | facebook | twitter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, You are so cute ! I love Your dress, collar, cardigan and the way You matched it. Lovely ! I will be a visitor here ! So beautiful

    have a lovely day sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really cool collar :) And I LOVE the tights!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teach me how to pull off collars like this! Loovvveee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you will have a fun filled weekend! Have an awesome time! I love how the collar you added to your cardigan really makes the whole look complete!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely outfit :) Its always nice to have a day off work to catch up on things and I hoped you enjoyed the show xx

    iampolkadots.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...