Monday, August 19, 2019

Garden Party

trashy diva garden party

Summer may be on its last legs, but I'm not ready to bid farewell to floral prints quite yet. This beautiful dress is from Trashy Diva's new "Garden Party" collection and I was eager to try out a cut I hadn't owned yet – the Norma Jean. I had to be a bit brave in this one, as it's definitely on the revealing side (something to keep in mind for fellow busty gals). But it's seriously so pretty and can easily transition into the colder months with the addition of a cardigan. Although I ordered my now-normal TD size in this one, keep in mind that the waist is firm and the bust is shallow. If you want a bit more breathing room and are on the cusp, I'd recommend ordering a size up. 

trashy diva dress
maplewood rose garden rochester ny
trashy diva norma jean

I had to be a bit brave taking these photos, too. I love the Maplewood Rose Garden, but I'd never been there alone before. It's actually located in an area I wouldn't necessarily feel comfortable walking around in (it's a really strange juxtaposition to have these beautiful grounds directly surrounded by stores and honking cars), so I usually bring someone along when I come here. That ended up not being possible, which made me anxious, but I went anyway. I'm glad I did. As long as your safety isn't at risk, stepping outside your comfort zone is an important exercise.

trashy diva floral dress
roses rochester ny
trashy diva dresses

Although the print on this dress is actually geraniums, I knew this flowery backdrop would complement them well. These roses are almost gone, so I'm happy I had the chance to capture some of the blooms that remain. It's another reminder that the seasons will soon be changing – something I'm not quite ready to admit. I always have trouble letting go of summer. Stick around just a little longer, please!

trashy diva norma jean garden party dress
red roses rochester ny
floral dress vintage
Outfit Details
Norma Jean Circle Dress in Garden Party: Trashy Diva
Necklace: vintage (similar)
Shoes: Toni Pons (similar)

trashy diva
Have a wonderful start to your week!

6 comments:

  1. Oh be a rebel! Floral prints all year round!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous print! And you look darling! Your hair is fantastic!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Janey! My hair is definitely a bit of a security blanket for me, but I'm learning to get over that a bit! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...