Saturday, November 30, 2013

Vanilla chai

Outfit Details:
White shirtdress: Forever 21
Coat: ModCloth (old, similar here)
Tights: old (similar here)
Lady in Rad Boots in Camel: ModCloth (similar here)
Bracelet: American Eagle (old)




Well, I think it's safe to say it's officially winter here in upstate New York.  This isn't a whole lot of snow for this area, but it is enough to make me realize that I really can't take photos outside (at least, not all the time) for much longer.  Luckily, we're in the process of redoing my room (thanks in large part to my mom), so I'll soon have a nicer indoor space to take pictures -- and hopefully with some better lighting!  AND I'm hoping to be getting a DSLR for Christmas!!  So those are some things I'm looking forward to.  Oh, and my dad found my parents' old camera tripod (the box it came in is SO quintessentially early 90s, it's not even funny), so now I can continue to use my current camera until a new one might present itself.  My parents are pretty wonderful people.  I am lucky.  






I'll be working pretty much all day, selling tickets to a whole lotta dance moms (we have 6 performances of The Nutcracker with our orchestra this weekend).  I had to take a long, hot bath after my day yesterday; sitting in an uncomfortable computer chair stuck to a headset for 7 hours is really not good for my body.  But I'm determined to get back on the right track, physically!  I'm really going to try to be diligent about Weight Watchers again (of course, I'd pick the toughest time, temptation-wise!) and get back to exercising regularly.  I hate that I turn to food in times of emotional trouble.  I feel really awful when I don't eat well and take care of myself, and there is no reason why I shouldn't be kind to myself in every way.  I let myself indulge, but enough is enough.  :)




Have a lovely Saturday!
xox Sammi

4 comments:

  1. You look stunning. Absolutely stunning in this. I love the subtle and yet grown-up palette of colors and how really it is more playing with texture (delicate lace paired with rich fur or faux fur).

    Good luck with Weight Watcher and with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is just beautiful and what a nifty coat! Good luck with the eating healthy. I know what you mean about poor diet being able to make you feel like crap. I went through a healthy eating phase over the summer and was shocked by how well I felt. I need to get back to that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are so beautiful and wintry!! I am loving the snowy backdrop for pictures. This coat is so lovely, it looks warm and stylish, perfect with the pretty white dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I am loving this coat. You look so chic and ready for winter!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...