Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday Favorites #27

It's been a while since I've done a Friday Favorites post.  My blogging has been slightly more sporadic since my relationship imploded, and I honestly didn't feel like doing my weekly item-lust post.  But I think it's been long enough... and there are so many great pieces that I can no longer refrain from posting them!  So here are a few of the items I've been loving over the past few weeks...

Who says floral crowns have to be confined to the warmer months?  These gorgeous ones are perfect for autumn!  I especially love that first one with the root-type branches!

a // b // c

I'm also totally in love with this kitschy licorice allsorts fascinator!
Although my love of pastel colors lasts all year round, the cooler weather has rejuvenated my love for seasonally-appropriate hues... like the rich crimson in these gorgeous pieces:

Confession: my mom actually bought me this coat for my upcoming birthday, and it is BEAUTIFUL.  It's also by Hell Bunny, which was a pleasant surprise, as it's one of my favorite brands.  It's also much more practical (in terms of warmth) than I expected!

And these gorgeous items make me want to live in a completely different era:
1 // 2 // 3

And speaking of wanting to live in a different time period... These poodle skirts are amazing and I want both of them.  I'm actually looking for a black circle/swing skirt, and the cat one is sitting in my ModCloth shopping cart at the moment.


Or if you're more into playing a cat and mouse game, these pieces are perfect:


The poodle skirts are from ModCloth's new in-house brand, Bea & Dot.  I'm obsessed with this new brand (they have some of the best novelty prints I've ever seen!), as well as ModCloth's other new brand, Myrtlewood.  This beautiful floral frock is from the latter brand, and it makes me want spring to come back!


Luckily, there are plenty of pieces that are putting me in a fall-y mood, like these (and who among us can resist a good collared dress??):

d // e // f

There's a wiggle dress version of this one that I've loved from afar, but haven't purchased (since that isn't the most flattering shape on me).  Now it comes in circle dress form and I'm fighting the temptation to order it!  My instincts are telling me this wouldn't be the best color on me, but you never know.


Not only do I love the style, color and pattern of this dress, but as a girl who attended her fair share of ska shows (once upon a time), I appreciate that ModCloth named this the Mighty Mighty Moss Tones Dress.  Wouldn't you love to think up product titles and descriptions for ModCloth?




This might be the loveliest galaxy (more like celestial) print dress I've ever seen.  I've always liked this trend, but I love that this has constellations on it, along with the gorgeous fit & flare shape.  This is another Bea & Dot piece!


And this dress is just a thing of beauty.  Perfect for New Year's.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.


Okay, so this blouse is not at all an autumnal piece.  But I'm swooning over the sleeves and collar!  I need more shirts.  I have far too many dresses.  Though I'd probably end up wearing this UNDER a dress, if I'm being completely honest.  Or at least under a pinafore.

If you're looking for something that's completely appropriate for fall... look no further than this amazing Hocus Pocus t-shirt.  I want!!


The iPhone 5 just came out, and while I still have my iPhone 4S (and haven't updated to the new operating system because I have zero space and even less patience), I would consider getting a new iPhone JUST so that I could have this incredible Kate Spade phone case.  I am such a nerd, but Much Ado About Nothing is my ultimate favorite Shakespeare play, and I love Kate Spade's new library-themed collection (like this awesome handbag that looks like a library index card!)

Finally... I've had a hard time even thinking about things that are completely intertwined with my relationship, and one of these things are my favorite animal -- otters -- which makes me very sad, because I love them so much.  But I couldn't resist these photos of this baby otter that is snuggling on this woman's face!!!! Why, oh why, can this not be my life?!  Some people have all the luck!



Have a great Friday!
xox Sammi

9 comments:

  1. Oh girl, I am loving your lust list!!! Those flower crowns have my heart, and so does that beautiful wildflower printed dress, ahhh so pretty! I hope that you had a wonderful week and that you've been keeping your chin up, you are such a beautiful girl with a beautiful spirit :) Happy Friday!!

    xo, Alyssa
    www.butterfliesonmars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Thanks for the list -- that black and creme dress is to die for. :D

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Moss Tones dress is on my wishlist too :)

    Suzanne
    A Coin For the Well

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I are both massive otter fans, so we he spied those snaps online a few days ago, he emailed them to me one night while I was asleep. Talk about the cutest thing you could ever hope to find waiting for you in your inbox in the morning! :)

    This whole post is a dreamy, beautiful, completely enchanting joy - I've never wanted a floral crown more than I do after seeing these autumn hued stunners. *Swoon!*

    Big hugs & the happiest of weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, all those dresses are a dream! You have the best dress repertoire around, so that's no surprise :) Thanks for sharing these lovely pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the Friday Favorites are back! You have such excellent taste :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looooove those mouse flats!!

    xo
    Amy
    http://artoftheheartblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love the velvet bodysuit!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, you find the best stuff. Those floral crowns are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...