Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday Favorites #26

I think it's pretty clear that I am desperately clinging to the last rays of summer sunshine.  Although I love fall for many reasons, I am not ready for autumn quite yet.  The majority of the summer didn't really feel like summer to me, and now that it's winding down, I keep wishing I took full advantage of the limited amount of truly summery days we had.  I didn't get to go swimming at the beach (though at least I got my toes in the sand), and I didn't get to a water park.  I went swimming only twice, and I don't think we're going to make it to a baseball game.  I didn't get a tan, and I didn't get the chance to go on a picnic.  At least I ate a lot of ice cream (though in retrospect, that probably wasn't the best decision)!  These ice cream treat jewelry pieces make me wish for infinite amounts of summer days:

Earrings: Shoptiques
Necklace: Ted Baker (sold out)
Bracelet: Ahalife
This pink collared dress is so sweet!  
And so is this adorable polka dotted one:


I also enjoy this ice cream tank:

This beautiful two-piece, open back vintage dress from Exile Vintage is something I'd love to wear on the boardwalk.  It's the perfect dress for ice cream consumption!


And speaking of the perfect dress for sweet treats... I have been obsessed with this dress ever since the day it arrived at ModCloth.  I am holding off until I get my $15 referral credit in my account, but as soon as I do... this baby's mine.
Although that dessert dress is perfect, I am also a huge fan of pieces with fruit on them (no big surprise there).  Cherry print is especially cute and pin-up-y, and this tied top from Forever 21 (which is on sale and with an extra 30% off on top of that) fits the bill perfectly.


Ahh, I love the floral print on this dress!  It could work for so many occasions!
This darling plaid dress is probably geared more towards fall, but I love that it can be a transitional piece from one season to the next!  It totally screams "Labor Day!"  Does anyone have any exciting plans for the long weekend?


This dress would be a great transitional one, too.  In fact, it's something I could see working for every season.  I love Collectif's designs, but I decided not to purchase anything else directly through their site because of multiple sizing issues.  Their brand (like many UK-based retro-inspired brands, I've found) tends to run quite large, and because they don't provide exact sizing measurements for every garment, it can be very difficult to order your correct size, even after reaching out to their (very obliging) customer service team.  ModCloth tends to have a more accurate idea of sizing for typical American shoppers, and they always specify that Collectif's dresses run large.  I love their dresses, but until they have a better size chart and measurement system, I won't be purchasing through their own site, sadly.

Rationally, I know that fall isn't that far off... so here are some pieces that might make that temperature transition a little bit easier:












This week's been a little nuts, so I hope you'll forgive the somewhat-short (for me) Friday Favorites post.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend -- and enjoy the rest of the summer while it lasts!

xox Sammi

3 comments:

  1. Aw, I don't want summer to end either :( It's hard to let go of the pretty pastels and move on to darker colors! I love the peach dress!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the peach dress and the printed sweater at the end! so so adorable <3!

    Love from France <3

    Cécile
    www.maxcebycecilej.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...