Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday Favorites #21: Glamour Girl

This week, I was drawn to pieces with hints of glamour, class, and just a little bit of silliness.  

In my book, nothing classes up an outfit like a well-preserved, beautiful vintage hat.  Poppycock Vintage has some of the most beautiful hats and fascinators that I've ever seen.  (Rebecca at The Clothes Horse is currently running a great giveaway for a $40 credit in the Poppycock Vintage Shop!)  The one below is one of my favorites in the shop -- it's so bright and cheery, and I love a good veil!


And since I appreciate a well-placed veil, it should be no surprise that I love this veiled flower crown from ASOS.  It's a little silly, but totally beautiful.


These pastel wicker bags from Pinup Girl Clothing are absolutely adorable!  I can see them being an essential part of my "Sunday Best."  I just love the little fruit charms!

1 // 2

Wouldn't these dresses look phenomenal with those bags and some carefully-chosen vintage hats?

via Ruche


These pastels make me want to sit in the sun and eat ice cream.  How classy are these little ice cream pint holders?  I want to have an ice cream social just so I have an excuse to buy them!


You need a glamorous spoon to go with your equally glamorous ice cream, and I'm dying over this beautiful teaspoon wall paper!


In my opinion, ice cream and swimming pools are one of the best summer combinations (see my post that proves my theory here!), and this swimsuit combines both!  I love that it's a modest, pretty one piece with a saccharine, kitschy print!

Speaking of amazing prints... I'm quite literally obsessed with this fairytale print dress from Bonne Chance Collections.  It sold out within a day, but I'm anxiously awaiting for more to arrive!


I'd also love to wear these adorable jelly wedges with it.  I think the little bows make them especially fairytale-esque, don't you?  I love Mel By Melissa shoes!


This amazing snack print dress from Sourpuss is making me hungry... plus, I love the collar!


This dress makes me think of BBQs... and drive-ins!  There are two incredible movie-themed lines that I am swooning over as of late.  I mean, I do love just about anything with a theme to it, but cinema-themed items??  Come on!  And Charlotte Olympia and Kate Spade are both experts in this category.

These are some of the pieces in Kate Spade's Cinema City line.  Aren't they to die for??

a // b // c // d

And of course, Charlotte Olympia's silver screen pieces are absolutely immaculate.

e // f // g // h // i // j // k

This feminine take on tails is perfectly glamorous!  I don't really have any blazers, but I'm definitely tempted by this one.


I think this perfume print dress absolutely encompasses old Hollywood charm!
And though this is more amusement park than Hollywood, I'm absolutely loving this ferris wheel skirt!
And finally, the perfect treat for a glamour girl in a hurry... microwave peanut butter fudge(!!!).  I need to try this immediately.  I will report back with my findings.


Have a wonderful, glamorous weekend!
xox Sammi

12 comments:

  1. Wow, love that blazer! I went through a phase where I basically wore blazers, skinny jeans, and boots. And, well, I have a ton of blazers. I still wear them occasionally and I'd definitely love that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the two little pastel bags, I've been looking for one of those for so long!!
    (¯`·._.·Nymphashion·._.·´¯)
    (¯`·._.·Nymphashion FB·._.·´¯)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that floral crown and that pencil skirt, nneed them in my lofe!!! :) xx
    Alice Barton ♥ TheMowWay

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my word! this is all so great! love all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it all! So summery and fun. I wish people wore hats more often. That first hat is so dreamy.

    ReplyDelete



  6. I'm currently obsessing with Bonne Chance dresses. The patterns are SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMMM fudge. I might make that! You are too cute with all your findings. They're all perfectly you.

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, those hats are AMAZING. But really, the ferris wheel skirt is what has me reeling. SO cute.
    xo
    ashley
    www.thephotogramps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful pictures :)
    would you like to follow each other?
    www.lusciousstyle.blogspot.com
    Daria

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw that light blue dress pop up on Modcloth and totally thought, "I bet Sammi will put that in her Friday Favorites post."

    BOOOM. SCORE 1 FOR THE ALI-NATOR.
    Alinator... that sounds like alienator. Just score 1 for the Ali works.

    Microwavable... peanut butter... fudge... hnnng whatT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahah! We are apparently really good at guessing what the other would like :)

      Delete
  11. I am so in love with those anthropologie ice cream holders. I think they're the perfect reason to get an ice cream maker! haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...