Friday, May 31, 2013

Friday Favorites #14: Short & Sweet

This week has been busy for me, but kind of erratically so; I'm so used to having a set schedule of working during the day with rehearsals at night, and I've been in a lull without that for a while, so I'm kind of all over the place.  The good side is that I've been amping up my fitness level and seeing a lot of good performances.  The bad side is that I'm running a little low on energy and extra time.  Usually my Friday posts are super-long, but this one is pretty concise.  So without further ado, here are just a few of the things I've seen and loved this week:

I never used to be a big jewelry or accessory girl, but I really love statement pieces (obviously), and these ones are incredibly adorable!   

a | b | c | d | e | f | g

I first saw this necklace on the lovely Megan of The Briar Rose.  How gorgeous is this??


Kate Spade can do no wrong when it comes to purses, and this amazing license plate clutch (with a car-shaped clasp!) is no exception.  



I looove these rose collar pins by Lazy Oaf.  They remind me of the rose in Beauty and the Beast.  Anyone else, or is it just me?
And speaking of Lazy Oaf... The brand's anticipated (at least by me!) newest collaboration with Nasty Gal arrived this week, and the result is outright awesome:





I think it's fairly obvious that I love anything that has some kind of food-related novelty print, so it's no surprise that I love these items...
1 | 2 | 3

I want this donut print pillow sham from Kaelah over at Little Chief Honeybee!  So stinking cute.



This Buzzfeed article, entitled "13 Pinterest-Famous Celebrity Quotes That Are Totally Fake," wins everything this week.  Thank you for making a compilation of all of these ridiculous misattributions!  

Nope.  Absolutely not.

Although Audrey definitely never said this... I am a girl who believes in pink, especially these days.  For instance, isn't this pink Cadillac sofa incredible?

I love these rose-colored glasses (the drinking kind) from BHLDN!  I'm a sucker for colored glass tablewares, in general.


This little pink polka dot bag from Hey Sailor is so sweet.  If only they shipped to the US!


Swoon!  This peachy pink dress from Miss Selfridge reminds me of a summer sunset!  And it's on sale! Pinch me!


These sunnies are too cute!!  I love the shape and the flower embellishments (though I know it'd be an incredibly easy DIY project).

This floral crown is one of the prettiest I've seen in a while.  I wonder if it'd be too big in real life?


And what are flowers on sunglasses and on heads without flowers on clothes?  I love this dungaree skater skirt with all the little daisies!

I also love this sweet green dress with its daisy embroidery!
Although I find it easy to wear (and love) green, sometimes it isn't easy being green... I've mentioned this many times, but puppets (and especially The Muppets) are very dear to my heart.  I'll leave you with this lovely little piece that features 35 things you didn't know about Jim Henson.  Below is a video clip of Jim Henson and Kevin Clash (who, despite his recent scandalous appearances in the news, I still adore and support) on the Arsenio Hall show.  This appearance took place less then 2 weeks before Jim's death in 1990.  Such an incredible talent and person.


Have a fabulous Friday!
xox Sammi

8 comments:

  1. That cadillac sofa is incredible, aaaahhh! Man, you stumble across some really neat things. I'm also really loving that gold slingshot necklace, mainly because it reminds me of Zelda... bahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both sunnies are adorable and I love the paper crane necklace! So many amazing finds here, happy Friday!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted a cadillac sofa for soooo long! So cute :)

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg I must have that Cadillac sofa!!! And seriously? That buzzfeed article was cool. I just saw that Audrey Hepburn "quote" yesterday at Claire's....didn't know she didn't really say it!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love all these picks, the nasty gal and lazy oaf collab looks so wonderful and colourful. Your blog is adorable :)

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the car couch, ice cream dress, watermelon shorts!!! allllll fabulous stuff!1 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post! I love the polka dot satchel, that is so cute :-) x

    http://totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...