Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday Favorites #13: Something Sweet

It's no secret that I tend to be drawn to things that elicit an "awwwww" reaction.  This is probably why I love novelty prints, pastels, kawaii/lolita fashion, vintage, etc., as they often contain nostalgic and/or sweet elements.  I also have a huuuuge sweet tooth.  So this week's Friday Favorites is (mostly) devoted to the precious, adorable and delicious finds I've come across as of late.

Of course, cute-'n-cuddly animal-themed pieces are the first to come to mind...

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 
7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

One of the sweetest animal stories this week was about a pitbull named Misty.  I'd been following Misty's story for a while, as she was used as a bait dog and was just a sweet little puppy who sustained major, life-threatening injuries from her abuse.  She was miraculously saved and was getting stronger and better, and then ended up slipping her collar while chasing a bird into a vast, wooded area.  After three days with no sign of Misty, and doing everything they could think of, the foster parents (who may now adopt her, I'm not sure) took the advice of a Facebook commenter and started cooking a whole bunch of bacon, in hopes that she would find her way back to them...

... And lo and behold, Misty came back to them!  She has a truly amazing story, which you can read more about here, or like her Facebook page! I was so upset to hear this sweet pup was missing, and I was elated to hear she had found her way home!  

And you must watch this video of a recent tornado survivor who found her lost dog mid-interview!


From canines to felines... these kitty earrings are adorable (and they also come in other types!):


And this tank with a little mousy in her teacup is so cute!
I'm really loving anything pink lately, especially this springy bubblegum color!
a | b | c | d | e | f | g | h | i

These pieces remind me of this girly song from Funny Face, one of my favorite movie musicals:


And you can't think pink without thinking of the princess of pink... Barbie!  I will always love Barbie dolls (I may have some feminist ideals, but being anti-Barbie is not one of them), and this life-sized replica of Barbie's Dream House is truly incredible:



This little top and skirt set is so darling (and looks like something Barbie might wear):

This little rose ring looks like an icing decoration for a cake!



These flats are just so pretty and delicate:

This skirt features one of the loveliest film stars of all (and the star of Funny Face, coincidentally!), Audrey Hepburn.  If only I had a 25" waist!
Um... this dress has wings.  Amazing.


For some reason, this dress reminds me of something from a video game (not that I am really that familiar with a lot of them), and this incredible toadstool backpack does too!


I want these sweet, organza-trimmed socks in every color:

I love these adorable earrings of Walt and Jesse from Breaking Bad!


These might be the dearest pair of shorts I've ever seen.


And of course, this list wouldn't be complete without pieces inspired by treats (rhyme unintentional)!

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Excuse me, Skinny Cow... I thought I was up-to-date on all your new summer releases... but I was apparently VERY mistaken.  I need to get this cupcake batter ice cream immediately.


I love this candy printed top (though I ordered it and the fit wasn't flattering at all on me, sadly)!


And finally... how incredible are these candy-colored retro rollerskates?!


And now... I have a hankering for some sugar!  :)

I hope you have a sweet weekend!
xox Sammi

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that dress has... wings... how did you even stumble across such a cute thing? I mean, you've clearly stumbled across a ton of cute things here. Amazing!

    I also gotta say I love how you described your fashion taste as having a "sweet tooth." That sounds about right for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED that video of the woman finding her dog! I definitely cried...Thanks for sharing it! :)

    xoxox
    theefface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That weenie dog necklace is so cute! These are all sweet picks, but for some reason, I'm really liking the "barbie" two piece.

    Brittney

    anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those lace flats and rollerskates. I used to have a pair of roller skate, but I grew up in the country so I rarely got to use them. Now that I live in the suburbs I should really get another pair!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are all such lovely items! I really like that shirt from modcloth, sorry it didn't fit well! Also, the story of the dog is truly incredible... sometimes I'm still in awe of how smart dogs are. Our dog got lost awhile ago and somehow found his way back home too.. what an amazing sense of direction!

    Christy
    Sunny with a side of...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sammi, sometimes I think your blog is very BAD for my bank account :P
    You always pick out the most beautiful things (often things that I am already in love with!) and just make me want them even more! Lately a lot of the things on your blog have been making there way into my Modcloth shopping basket...oh dear :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. so amazing inspirations! i love many things from photos- pink glasses & shoes and floral blouse!

    ANECIA WAS HERE- more than passion ♥
    blog | facebook | twitter

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic selection! I can hardly find something I dislike...the red shorts are my favorite though!
    Have a nice week end dear!
    (¯`·._.·Nymphashion·._.·´¯)
    (¯`·._.·Nymphashion FB·._.·´¯)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh.my.god. mint rollerskates! *NEED*
    although i'm pretty sure i'd seriously injure myself on them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...