Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday Favorites #6: All About Prints

I know, I know -- I've featured a lot of novelty prints on this blog already.  They have quickly become a staple of my closet (the problem is I don't have enough ACTUAL staple pieces, so I just have a bunch of statement pieces with nothing to break them up), and I can't get enough of them.  They seem to be everywhere lately, so this week's Friday Favorites is completely dedicated to them.

First up is this amazing Miss Piggy party dress, made by one of my favorite Etsy designers, I'm Your Present.  I have an amazing mint-colored ice cream sandwich dress made by Kelly (see it here or get your own here), and I love her designs.  They have the perfect amount of whimsy, kitsch, kawaii and cheek.  This Muppet dress must have sold almost as soon as it was listed (at a size 4-6, it was too small for me, sadly!), but I will be content with admiring it from afar!

Isn't the one little Kermit at the bottom adorable?

Next, we move to some dresses featured at Hello Holiday, a lovely up-and-coming online boutique I've admired for months now.  They carry several designers that are featured on ModCloth, but also specialize in highlighting emerging designers and even some vintage pieces.  I really love this house print dress (which is a print by Timothy Goodman and developed through Nooworks, a super cool company that works with designers to make their ideas into textiles and garments), which is also available in different designs on the Nooworks website (shown below)!

No Place Like Home Dress via Hello Holiday


a  |  b  |  c

In addition to these darling house print dresses, Nooworks also carries several versions of a dress in an awesome balloon animal print (which I first saw on ModCloth).  Although I like the unique design of the version on ModCloth, I feel like these shapes would be much more flattering on me!

d  |  e

But getting back to Hello Holiday... they also have a dress I've coveted back in stock on their site (known on their website as This Dress is Bananas, a Gwen Stefani reference I think we can all appreciate).  I will lust after any dress that has fruit on it (why, I can't explain), so obviously it's on my wish list:

This Dress is Bananas via Hello Holiday

And speaking of clothing with fruit prints... how cute is this grape printed swimsuit from Top Shop?


And as a companion piece to grapes... why not a wine print themed dress from ModCloth?  If I actually drank (and liked wine), this would definitely be on my want list!


And what about these delicious dresses by Emily & Fin (in citrus and strawberry prints) from ASOS?




I also adore this strawberry print blouse from Forever 21 (in fact, it's hanging in my closet right now):


And look how cute these socks are (from Nasty Gal)!


Since peppers are also technically a fruit (I think... right?), I had to include this adorable chili pepper dress (also from Nasty Gal):


Along the line of seasonings, I really love this handmade dress from Rusty Cuts.  This dress is both quirky and classy!


These bite-sized food print tights from OASAP are calling my name!



Moving on to dessert, I love the candy shop print of this dress by Poppy London...



...And these ice cream printed tights from ModCloth:



There also seems to be a letters and numbers print trend happening, which I like...


1  |  2  |  3

...As well as a really interesting photographic print trend:


1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6

And here are some printed items I really love that don't fit into any particular category:

Barbie Printed Bodysuit via Miss Selfridge

Hollywood Hotel Skirt via Top Shop
(I guess this IS photographic, but it's just too kitschy for a normal category!)
Cath Kidston Trains Backpack via ASOS


Roller Girl Blouse from Sugarhill Boutique (enlarged photo below)





Playing for Sheep Flat via ModCloth

T-Rex Swimsuit via Nasty Gal
And last, but certainly not least... from the same company that makes the sweet shop dress (Poppy London), a beautiful, whimsical dress that depicts the events of a crowded fairground:

Fair Thee Swell Dress via ModCloth
I hope you've enjoyed fussing over these amazing, unique prints as much as I have!

Have a (hopefully) sunny and bright Friday!
xox Sammi

20 comments:

  1. ah!!! simply loving so much of these dresses!!!! the kermit and miss piggy has to be a favourite!!! and the bannana, and seaside/fair dress!!!


    love love love great selection!

    Rebecca from Thecinnamonslipper

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ALL about cute and fun prints for spring!! I love your photos and choices!!

    http://www.leopardmartini.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun pieces! "D" and "E" are my favorite :). What would the tan lines look like on that swimsuit with the whole stomach cut out!? ;)

    www.corporategirlstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many perfect dresses. Nice blog. Would you like to follow each other via bloglovin? Have a nice weekend.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the Miss Piggie dress! That is seriously awesome!! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my these clothes are so beautiful - i especially love the muppets dress and the fairground one! I want them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woooow I love all of these-I can't even pick my favorite!!

    And you blog is awesome too-would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin'?

    xx
    Sophisticated Lace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable!! I think the citrus dress by Emily & Fin is my fave.. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy moly - I LOVE ALL these prints here, it's quite hard to pick a favorite. Though will admit I'm a bit partial to the ice cream tights, since I own them :-) That little seasonings dress is really catching my eye.

    xo Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of these prints!! I especially love the grape patterned bathing suit. I am so glad that I stumbled upon your blog. I love the design and your lovely posts. I am definitely going to be following you on Bloglovin and GFC. Happy Friday! xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. very quirky but some are too loud for me haha . Love the little sheep brogues!

    Quirk and Swirl

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many awesome prints! I just love the Miss Piggy dress with the little Kermit! So cute! I own that strawberry blouse from Forever 21 too!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such fun! I have the exact same problem...I walk into a store to get some plain tops and leave with a pastel polka dot dress! How does that happen? ;)
    But oh, that grape bathing suit - I could die! Great finds :)
    -Annie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Check out yumi for some printed dresses, they're beautiful :)

    http://beautyandlefreak.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am all too familiar with Yumi -- I have 3 or 4 of their dresses in my closet!! :) I love that brand.

      Delete
  15. this is such an amazing post with so much inspiration
    a very detailled post, but i think my fave has to be the banana dress,
    it is such a striking print, making me go bananas! :P
    Hope you're having a great weekend! thanks for sharing!

    I have been following you for a long while now on bloglovin and I adore your style!
    if you like we can follow each other on bloglovin :)
    let me know!
    STYLE DECORUM

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow that Banana dress is...crazy!!!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. perfect style and good sense!
    definitely i stay here, hope youll follow back <3

    www.malesclutch.blogspot.com
    Sergio,

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great Blog!

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC?


    Vivianista.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...