Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday Favorites #2

Here's a small sampling of things I've been ooh-ing and ahh-ing over this week:

Rompers and playsuits galore!



Nishe strikes again with this adorable romper!  The heart shaped buttons!  The  low collar!
And the kiss embroidery!  I can barely stand it!



Both of the above playsuits are by Vintage Suits by Mary, and are just a couple of the designs I'm fawning over.  Both are available in her Etsy shop and on ModCloth, along with others!



...And then if I had all the money in the world, I'd buy this Orla Kiely playsuit for almost $600.  Obviously I will be sticking to pinning and blogging her beautiful designs.



At least I own this daisy-printed playsuit by Yumi.  Unfortunately, it's out of stock on ASOS, but Yumi is one of my favorite British designers, especially since they have so many great novelty print items!  Check out their UK site, and their items carried by ASOS and ModCloth!


Speaking of British designers, I'm really into Red Or Dead's line of swimwear.  I especially love these:

Ice cream print one-piece!!  Ahh!
The print of this suit is a map of London, complete with Beefeaters and telephone booths!!!

Another rediscovered obsession of mine are jelly shoes!  I have loved them ever since they were "in" in the 80s and 90s and am THRILLED that they're making a comeback.  Here are the cutest ones I've seen lately:

These jelly wedges are from Mel By Melissa.  I actually own these, and they are amazingly comfortable!  I also love the little peep toe feature.  They're sold out on the site from which I purchased them, but they are still available at Urban Outfitters, in a few different colors!

Same designer, also available at Urban (in 4 different colors!)



Again, these are by Melissa (the pricier parent jelly shoe company?), and are available at Sak's Fifth Avenue.


These are too cute.  How can you not love the Harajuku Lovers line? 
I own these!  It looks like you just have bows on your toes when you wear 'em!


Clearly, I am super anxious for spring to just get here already!  Which is one of the many reasons I am so taken with Crown and Glory.  They specialize in flower crowns and other hair accessories that are just so springy and romantic I can barely take it!

I think this one with the smaller tea roses is my favorite.
I love this one too.
I think this little comb with the stars is just lovely, too.

While on the subject of whimsical accessories, I need to dedicate a moment to a brand I love, 
Jump From Paper.  They make the most amazing bags that look like cartoon sketches:




It's really difficult to visualize how they look until you see them with an actual person!




I may or may not own both of these bags.  The first one is on sale at ModCloth, but all are available through their site.

Finally, I have to obsess over Sephora's Disney Princess line of eyeshadow palettes!  


For some reason, the Cinderella one isn't available on the site anymore (and it's mislabeled as Jasmine), but the new actual Jasmine one is!  I love the names for all the eyeshadows (the yellow one in Cinderella is "gus gus!").  What a cool job, to come up with names of eyeshadows (or paint colors).


I've been feeling more like my old self this week, mostly because I've been back in rehearsals for a show (thank goodness)!  I'm involved in a workshop/reading of a new musical called Moses Man, which is exciting.  It's a completely different experience to be a part of the creative development process of a piece, rather than a recreation or re-imagining of an already-established one.  It's a piece about the director/writer's parents, who were Holocaust survivors.  Because I'm Jewish, the subject matter is obviously pretty close to my heart (though I am fortunate enough to not have had close family members in the Holocaust), and I think it's a really meaningful work that has a lot of potential.  It's also been a lot of fun (which seems sort of... wrong, given the topic... but human nature is kind of ironic, huh?) working with the other people in the show.  In fact, my friend Mary (the leading lady in the show!) has her own blog that you should mosey on over to and check out.  She's a funny gal, you'll like her.

Have a wonderful Friday!
xox Sammi


14 comments:

  1. Ohh our wishlists are very similar!!! I have been eyeing up that fruit print playsuit and some of those Mel shoes for a while now :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post! Fantastic shoes, clothes, wow! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. The suits are so cute! I just came across your blog and I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & if you like, following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many things to ogle! My friend has one of those Jump From Paper bags and it's super cool... it always throws me off when I see it.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! Maybe we could follow each other on GFC? Please leave me a comment, follow me and then I will follow you back!!! For sure!!

    Much Love

    www.thechicetoile.com

    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful clothes : D I really like the shoes! all wonderful :) post is very inspiring.
    I am your new follower! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pieces! So beautiful!
    Have a nice weekend:)

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this post!
    would you like to follow each other?
    flw me and tell about this!
    I hope to hear from you soon!
    http://mooreann.blogspot.com/
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! I love the playsuits! And the shoes!! They are so so cute!! I wish NZ was going into summer not winter! I hate being a season behind. Particularly when all the blogs I read are in the other hemisphere!
    Britney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah that's kind of how I've been feeling the last month or so while reading blogs from Australia and NZ, since I want warm weather NOW! :)

      Delete
  10. Cutest swimsuits!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alright, this is the best wishlist I've ever seen. Perfect assortment of novelty, kitsch and a retro-feel. Tooootally my style! AND THAT ROMPER!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...